IGNORED

WATMM Snack Exchange

hello spiral

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol fucking hell, sending 'fresh' food internationally would be a nightmare

Also, what's the backstory of the bagel sending? We do have Jewish bagel places here that make what I assume to be fairly authentic bagels..

andihow just really sold the cinnamon raisin bagel as being the "slamminist" bagel. it's a worth shot tbh, I want to try it.

ah, I could have sworn Glick's did one

http://www.glicks.com.au/

but they don't.. The 'everything' bagel they do is fucking awesome though. Had one on an acid comedown one time and it was lovely as fuck

As someone who works for a tool company that ships stuff internationally, and has sent--at the company owner's behest--a large box of apple pies, Bird's custard, pepperoni, gravy and other food items to Italy (you can't get lots of English stuff there), I think they'll get there fine. Make sure it's packed tight and it should get there, although it depends on which shipping company you use as some are very stringent about liquids / hazardous etc. The apple pies made it to Italy without damage, as far as I recall.

Actually, the shipping company we use has stated they refuse all hazardous items...yet the other day, delivered a 25 gallon vat of engine oil to us. And all it had on it was a label, no box or anything. So I doubt they would care much about a jar of poutine.

I arrived at work today to the rude awakening that we no longer have a vacuum sealer thing in our kitchen. Unfortunately bitroast, its gonna take me another week or so to get this thing posted to you. I'm gonna wait till I get paid and buy a vacuum sealer, I need one anyways, then I will mail it by this coming Monday. I took some photos for you to hold you over.

Here is the bakery in grand central from which the specimen will be coming from:

Ylxrbda.jpg

and here she is in all her glory:

1QhRyYO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

fhTJiHyl.jpg

preparing the sealing

Qs1Lh51l.jpg

sealed

goaaQUul.jpg

sealed extra tight

xdbkGFxl.jpg

transporting specimen to office for shipping

z97Jsiql.jpg

preparing specimen with protective wrapping

V19CqOTl.jpg

boxing specimen

rXWPozB.jpg

waiting for pickup (image too large)

godspeed. i hope it arrives in a timely and fresh manor.

also bit, can you take video of cutting the vacuum bag open? i imagine it will be immensely satisfying to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

just a wee update from my end. still waiting for bagel.

snack exchange had fallen to page 3 genban in the mean time. hope the little guy's holding out alright in mean time :)

Guest bitroast

Looks like someone in customs is enjoying a tasty bagel about now.

wrong !! turns out you can send a bagel from america to australia.

delicious bagel arrived today !!

i tried cutting it with knife but it's a bit rock hard atm, needs to air out is all i'm sure :)

also, when removing the bagel from the vacuum seal it didn't exactly, expand and let out, it kind of just sat rock hard in the exact same position. give it a bit of time though, yum yum yum, and this might still be a delicious bagel :)

616539_10153154200831719_902537014248811

10847196_10153154200916719_1477053003920

post-881-0-70906000-1423831564_thumb.jpg

post-881-0-66276400-1423831613_thumb.jpg

Archived