IGNORED

⠉D⠍E⠕T⠝H⠺W⠁A⠞V⠍E⠍

modey

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's getting a bit out of control, stylistically

I'm having fun making these tracks regardless of whether or not it'll take off. I'm not putting much effort into them, which is pretty great for productivity. I'd say I could just keep pumping them out until I either get bored or someone else starts making them heh.

sweet, I'm gonna start work on some new stuff for a mix titled DETHWAVE OF SUMMER 2015, and I'll include anything posted in this thread (if that's cool with you).

All track titles should be Doom/Doom2 references, could be anything though—level names, cheat codes, sprite/music/file titles from IWAD etc. I'm thinking of maybe using the name NAPALM DEATHMATCH for my own tracks, or some other Doom/death metal band name pun.

yeah that all sounds p neat. I'm gonna start a dethwave side project if you're cool with that also! we gotta come up with a definite art scheme too, like vaporwave does.

I'm cool with any dethwave stuff that anybody wants to do. Current art scheme is Doom screenshots mixed with death metal live photos

1601576_406191509538533_8075884757998160

10926204_405671602923857_550607424437972

and lots of Doom transparency cyan and photoshop warp effects, with horrible JPG compression

10001276_405614406262910_921325092972614

I guess it could be expanded to 90s FPS games mixed with death metal if we want to go beyond Doom..

I guess it could be expanded to 90s FPS games mixed with death metal if we want to go beyond Doom..

Let's save Quake references for the Goth-Dethwave hype coming in a few months.

Guest bitroast

Let's save Quake references for the Goth-Dethwave hype coming in a few months.

wow hold on hold on just a second.

the quake soundtrack would actually provide some pretty stellar source material for slowed down deathwave no ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8_f8iF2T0g

Guest bitroast

the screaming at the end of the first track sounds like they're screaming RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE which is funny for two reasons...

037898-0f9290f0-0890-11e3-842c-e58b8b7bc

RAGE-logo1.png

Guest bitroast

haha, the Quake soundtrack is already slow though! It does give me an idea though; maybe we should try to recruit Reznor for some dethwave action.

yesss. does anyone know his name on watmm?

yessss

The hardest part is not sharing the tracks I want to put in the mix. Gonna try to do one per night!

edit: a really cool thing about this is that I'm actually discovering some really great death metal in my searches for good loops :D

I'm one-upping you lot and doing the next NEXT big thing after Dethwave. I'm taking Vaporwave tracks and hard panning them left and layering them with Witch House tracks hard panned right, then running the whole thing through Paulstretch.

I call it Blogwave.

Archived