IGNORED

⠉D⠍E⠕T⠝H⠺W⠁A⠞V⠍E⠍

modey

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW I dont kno how i missed this thread.

Last year i was trying to make Vaporwave/Noise album based on Type O Negative songs.

I will post some when i get back home! so glad to be a part of this huge new wave. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Slowing down loops of death metal songs and adding synths and drum machines, and low bitrate mp3 compression. Simple but psychedelic

https://soundcloud.com/dethwave/kill-again

I dunno, might do a mixtape or something, kinda like eccojams but for death metal and slightly more elaborate

Yoooo - sounds fucking awesome - I PM'd you on Soundcloud - started a project doing THIS exactly - cheers m8

I'll definitely be doing more in the coming weeks and expanding on this sound - at least enough to get an EP out or something

I was trying to keep this project separate from my main output, but already spoiled the secret via social media - oh well - I'll see about working in those DOOM samples, god knows I've already used the shit out of them the past 10 years, but hey why stop now

AJ6TEaV.gif

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
shit, I didn't even see this! Nice one. EP sounds great.

I've been really slack with this. I'm actually considering putting on a DETHWAVE gig soon, maybe with some electronic doom/noise artists as well..

This is brilliant, thanks for creating / sharing / putting the effort in.

Hope you get a few cents at least from that dollar :)

Great cover art too, Giger would be proud

Oh wow, I thought this thread was dead - Thanks guys, hoping to do some more when I get some free time (ha...) As I mentioned to Fletcher yesterday, FACT wrote it up as well as one of May's Best Bandcamp releases, so there's a least some decent coverage on it - unfortunately no mention of "deathwave" but it'd be nice if we could viral-ize the genre name some how - still nervous about posting it in FB grindcore / death metal groups, as I have the feeling it would be met with contempt, with the fact that it's sample based and no cred to the sources - might be hard to please the purists ya know..

http://www.factmag.com/2015/06/04/name-your-price-mays-best-bandcamp-releases/8/

Yeah I'm not really considering it to be a metal genre; it's only using metal as a textural base. I considered recording my own loops and slowing them down but it's more gritty and dodgy to sample them from existing songs, ha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bumparino..

Starting work on the next ZONΞ ΞATΞR release (if this still interests anybody), which happens to be a split with mr. oceangrunge himself, §E▲ ▓F D▓G§ - enjoy.

Also, just to be thorough - I noticed some guys from /r/vaporwave have started a subreddit "Brutalwave" and most likely think that slowing down / manipulating metal is their brainchild - https://www.reddit.com/r/Brutalwave/

"Brutalwave is a heavier, deeper, darker version of Vaporwave, an ode to modern metal starting around 2004. It features post hardcore, melodic metal, metalcore, post rock, djent, thrash, heavy metal and other metal elements that have been slowed down, downpitched, chopped & screwed with custom effects laid over the track to become a new entity."

This is insane!

Archived