IGNORED

New Tracks (that's the title)

granty

I've recently been stuck in a rut with making music - feeling a bit tied down by the whole 'moving blocks around in a grid' way of doing things. It was starting to feel a bit like playing Tetris, so I've tried to break out of it by using my DAW more like a multitrack recorder. This is what came out of it, less of an 'electronic' sounding track I reckon. Any feedback appreciated - toying with the idea of some vocal samples on it, dunno really.

Can't embed secret soundcloud player by the look of it, so here's the link

This is nice. I like the "happy" atmosphere a lot. Almost sounds like it deserves a place on The Campfire Headphase B-Sides or something. I mean that as a great compliment of coarse. I really like the dreamy flute sound. I love from about 5:10 to the end, very psychedelic. I can picture vocals on top of this song, but it'd probly be a bit tough to get them right. I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of Tame Impala/Pond would work well.

Overall, this was a breath of fresh air for me. It was not what I was expecting, so I was pleasantly surprised. Great work.

Thanks folks - I was asking my mate that the other day, about whether or not I should add vocals to it but he said it'd overcook it. I reckon some subtle distant repetitive stuff would sound good though. Might give it a whirl.

very nice sound, has a good sound texture to it, very rich and full, the flutey melodies are pretty and the arrangement is really full and complete, much better than most things that come straight out of DAWs!

Cheers bud - I used some field recordings of train journeys that probably aren't perceptible unless you know where to listen. That multi layered approach is becoming part of my style i think... hard to do without it coming out a big mush though.

Nice vibe. Definitely getting a less electronic and more live band kind of sound. The flute/wind section really sets it off for me.

Cheers mate. I do like a good flute.

Archived