IGNORED

Burial - Temple Sleeper

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh... based on that sample clip, I'm not really impressed, tbh Rival Dealer kinda lost me as well on most of it. Mr. Bevan kinda on the downfall these days?

ok so which releases are still worth listening to after the self titled release and Untrue?

I really need some more emo Burial, but the amount of cheese balance needs to be balanced ingeniously like on those first two albums. (aka none of that dark bs)

ok so which releases are still worth listening to after the self titled release and Untrue?

I really need some more emo Burial, but the amount of cheese balance needs to be balanced ingeniously like on those first two albums. (aka none of that dark bs)

i think everything up until rival dealer

i think everything up until rival dealer

yeah. truant/ rough sleeper and his first album tops the rest though. untrue is very overrated.

Maybe not my favourite by him but still very nice! Reminds me a bit of Loner from kindred and the end is nuts.

I get why people dont like Rival Dealer but I think its the best stuff he has done (well maybe tied with Kindred) Ive also been well into the Massive Attack vs Burial EP recently just thought it was alright when it first came out but proper fell in love with it the past few months, listened to it loads jet lagged in the early hours of the morning on work trip to China and just proper clicked with me

Kindred EP is my favorite release of his, by far. Kindred and Truant/Rough Sleeper are unbeatable, as is Nova (w/Four Tet).

Just sent the label a message about getting this in wav/flac as they only seem to be offering mp3 as a download option.

I did the same. Also, the mp3 seems to be a transcode. There's a shelf at 16kHz.

idk listening to this it has that ontological deep 4-dimensional maze like quality I always love about his tracks, and as far as the aesthetic of it I meannn I'm about to fuckin cut loose right now and (flow into another dimension... ?) reminds me in a way of that lorenzo senni album, and those 'test pressing' tracks (or, the one I've heard so far). I think I'm into it rn!

something about the in-your-face rave-ness is a nice fuck you to whoever ain't like it, I think. there's so many little tricks and twists, the 'genre' of it is just a vehicle for something else. it's post-integral that's what I say

lol what the fuck are you even talking about

+1 for Truant/Rough Sleeper, with Rough Sleeper being the better side.

some of the Four Tet collabs are good ("Moth" is amazing). the stuff with Thom Yorke is good.

I also really, really like Street Halo, in fact that's my favourite of all the little EPs he's put out post-Untrue. this is imo one of the best tracks he's ever written:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XmqDuXtVVQ

edit: and don't forget the one-off tracks, like "Fostercare"

idk listening to this it has that ontological deep 4-dimensional maze like quality I always love about his tracks, and as far as the aesthetic of it I meannn I'm about to fuckin cut loose right now and (flow into another dimension... ?) reminds me in a way of that lorenzo senni album, and those 'test pressing' tracks (or, the one I've heard so far). I think I'm into it rn!

something about the in-your-face rave-ness is a nice fuck you to whoever ain't like it, I think. there's so many little tricks and twists, the 'genre' of it is just a vehicle for something else. it's post-integral that's what I say

lol what the fuck are you even talking about

Urghs. Weak, very, very weak. Shitty even.

Ah yeah, forgot about the Four Tet collabs. They're definitely some of both artists' best work. Nova's a personal favorite.

After giving this tune a few listens I'd say it's quite good. Ditching the heavy psychedelia & "80s gay" of Rival Dealer in favor of more straightforward beats. You could probably actually drop this one in a mix and not have it be a trainwreck.

Archived