IGNORED

Burial - Temple Sleeper

not entitled at all. not sure where that's coming from. I'd like to hear a group of songs together. not a 5 minute track by itself. I'd say it's more opinion than entitlement. I thought we shared opinions here.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$22 for a vinyl single.. Anybody know if Keysound distributes in the U.S.? Or will this be my only shot to nab it on vinyl?

+1 for Street Halo and the Massive Attack collab. AND the Burial-whilst-in-China trend; the two are one and the same to me, they fit so well.

the Massive Attack collab

oh yeah, I forgot about this. I have to disagree with everyone else and say that this did nothing for me, and as a massive :cisfor: Massive Attack fan I was seriously disappointed. it's a big smeary mess of nuffink.

He's really due for an album-like statement. I still haven't heard this track but I will remain cautiously optimistic after the awkward hug from your long lost gay cousin public service announcement -esque vibes of the Rival Dealerz

Maybe not my favourite by him but still very nice! Reminds me a bit of Loner from kindred and the end is nuts.

I get why people dont like Rival Dealer but I think its the best stuff he has done (well maybe tied with Kindred) Ive also been well into the Massive Attack vs Burial EP recently just thought it was alright when it first came out but proper fell in love with it the past few months, listened to it loads jet lagged in the early hours of the morning on work trip to China and just proper clicked with me

word^

rival dealer <3

I still haven't heard this track but I will remain cautiously optimistic after the awkward hug from your long lost gay cousin public service announcement -esque vibes of the Rival Dealerz

lol

not entitled at all. not sure where that's coming from. I'd like to hear a group of songs together. not a 5 minute track by itself. I'd say it's more opinion than entitlement. I thought we shared opinions here.

its the attitude i guess. weird way to treat the work of someone you respect, burial's a real treasure and it does not affect me in the slightest how he wants to release his music. i don't get the agression behind it, just go listen to an album by someone else?

it's not really aggressive to say that you expect a treasured artist to have a better quality of work or more output :shrug:

Interesting seeing someone reference Antiloop in regards to this track. Spot on. If something like Hiders is referencing Phil Collins-esque 80s pop, then this track is totally referencing Antiloop style trance.

Only listened the once so far and not really feeling it (never thought I'd get early Prodigy vibes from Burial), played the Kindred EP straight after and that blew this away. Perhaps he's in love now or something cuz the darkness seems to have left...

I don't mind it... but I think Burial is becoming a really predictable producer. I didn't like Rival Dealer either, it definitely seemed like self-parody to me. He struck on the "moody rainy London" formula of his previous work and just kept bashing it out. Kind of reminds me with how frustrated I got with The Flashbulb actually.

sorry but that's bollocks, Burial was at risk of becoming predictable but has really been switching shit up on his recent e.ps. Are you really telling me you expected Rival dealer? I think the fact it was quite a departure from his sound is why a lot of people don't like it,

sorry but that's bollocks, Burial was at risk of becoming predictable but has really been switching shit up on his recent e.ps. Are you really telling me you expected Rival dealer? I think the fact it was quite a departure from his sound is why a lot of people don't like it,

I definitely feel the same way. I don't normally go out of my way to buy Burial physicals...but this one had me yearning for dem vinyls after the third playthrough. I'm getting some serious prodigy vibes too.

Are you really telling me you expected Rival dealer?

Kinda... distant/reverb vocals, vinyl crackles and hisses, drum loops... title track's dancey vibe was great but it felt pretty short lived and I don't really go back to listen to it. I dunno it was just a boring record

Definitely getting the Prodigy vibes from Temple Sleeper tho but the first half still has all the "Burial" elements and it just feels really cynically produced. Loving the second half tho, definite departure.

Archived