IGNORED

Aphex responding to comments on Soundcloud

zazen

Reviews are mostly a crock anyhow. Some pretentious wordsmith hunched over a thesaurus in a sterile office hammering away at a keyboard about how bad or good a song is doesn't change all the senses and feelings I have tied in with a song. The pitchfork review of Drukqs is horrid.

here here! too true mate.

Aphex knows the score, he wouldn't be where he is today if he was worried about reviews and other media opinions.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reviews are mostly a crock anyhow. Some pretentious wordsmith hunched over a thesaurus in a sterile office hammering away at a keyboard about how bad or good a song is doesn't change all the senses and feelings I have tied in with a song. The pitchfork review of Drukqs is horrid.

I just don't get how reviewers can expect to formulate a well-rounded opinion of something when they only have a listen or two of it (considering the sheer volume of material they have to review). This is especially true of drukqs; took me years to appreciate the album for what it is and now it is among my very favourites.

I love that story about 26 mixes & going the extra mile. That's qualifications for pimphood where I'm from.

Aphex has cemented himself in history, and probably did so well before some of those redundant soundcloud commenters were born.

maybe jazzy jazz (or just a bunch of bullshit):

In comments section of his soundcloud, Richard mentions movie "Naked" (1993). I guess only real reason to mention this movie was to give hints. So...not only the character of the movie looks almost exactly like mr. Twin, i assume he even acts kinda same. He's intelligent, tall and...oh, you must have all seen that...thats not all. Jhonny (the character) tells that he had a dream where two skeletons had sex, which insstantly reminded me of his last interview for noiselab, when he tells similar story about his experience, where two skeletons had sex. If you havent watched the movie, and you are Engrish,.I highly reccomend so! At one point, i started to think that the character (Jhonny) was made from Richard himself.

Moral: dont take Richard literally and eat healthy food!

Just finished watching. Great movie. Main actor name is David. And many action takes place in 33 house/apartment. It could have been any number, but it's 33. Love that little coincidences

BTW: are all girls so ugly in England? :wacko:

is naked the movie that starts with a rape scene? i couldn't get past through it when i tried watching it in high school because it's just such a weird thing for an opening scene.

I just don't get how reviewers can expect to formulate a well-rounded opinion of something when they only have a listen or two of it (considering the sheer volume of material they have to review). This is especially true of drukqs; took me years to appreciate the album for what it is and now it is among my very favourites.

every time poeple write something like 'i took me YEARS to get it!' i always think they just kinda trained their brain to like it by listening to something loads of times. a mere-exposure effect type stuff.

i am very cynical.

Yeah, I had to listen to the track several times over before I understood what he was getting at.

is naked the movie that starts with a rape scene? i couldn't get past through it when i tried watching it in high school because it's just such a weird thing for an opening scene.

every time poeple write something like 'i took me YEARS to get it!' i always think they just kinda trained their brain to like it by listening to something loads of times. a mere-exposure effect type stuff.

i am very cynical.

That could be the case as I think we are prone to being comfortable with the familiar. For me it's sort of an audio bookmark for things going on that time in my life and you can't really replace those.

i am very cynical.

Does it make a difference? People are moulded by their experiences, as a result so are their tastes. You can "learn to like" something you immediately didn't like, but that does not mean that in reality it's shit and you are just fooling yourself. It means that you have adapted into understanding something on a level that the old version of you was not capable of understanding.

Let's not pretend that anyone is born with a sophisticated taste in any type of culture. It all happens through exposure to different things. I think some folks just come to think that the current version of their personality is somehow "complete" and there is no need for them to re-evaluate themselves (or their tastes) any more, when in reality you never stop changing.

In comments section of his soundcloud, Richard mentions movie "Naked" (1993). I guess only real reason to mention this movie was to give hints. So...not only the character of the movie looks almost exactly like mr. Twin, i assume he even acts kinda same. He's intelligent, tall and...oh, you must have all seen that...thats not all. Jhonny (the character) tells that he had a dream where two skeletons had sex, which insstantly reminded me of his last interview for noiselab, when he tells similar story about his experience, where two skeletons had sex. If you havent watched the movie, and you are Engrish,.I highly reccomend so! At one point, i started to think that the character (Jhonny) was made from Richard himself.

:cerious:

lel

Guest murphythecat8

yeah, how can it takes years to appreciate or understand a album.

its more like you werent ready for drukqs and then your taste changed and then youve liked it. its not like you went threw years of not liking it and still listen to it and then one day, you got it.

but I agree that reviewers plain suck. who are they, what are there musical background?

as for the new EP and 98% of people liking it, thats not what I hear even from this forum and all my friends agree that this is the worst aphex twin EP of all time.

98 percent of fans love this album, why does he have to listen and respond to the minority??

mebbe he wants to rid the world of ignorance. seems like a nice endeavor

no need to respond to the people who alr get it

98 percent of fans love this album, why does he have to listen and respond to the minority??

Exactly! He writes to some asshole who is pissed because his lame shit dubstep isn't more popular than Aphex Twin.

Richard: If you are online sneeking around, come in here on WATMM and you will get lots of hugs :)

so he prefers talking to random people on soundcloud to giving some sort of AMA at WATMM?

Exactly! He writes to some asshole who is pissed because his lame shit dubstep isn't more popular than Aphex Twin.

Richard: If you are online sneeking around, come in here on WATMM and you will get lots of hugs :)

He already has a wife to suck his dick, I doubt he wants a sloppy teethy one off watmm.

Archived