IGNORED

Chevron - Lifeshake

Bechuga

Album for purported release in 2007 is coming in Feb!

ZIQ156_Chevron_Lifeshake.jpg

As part of our 'µ20' celebrations we will be making available several never-released albums from throughout our 20 year history. Chevron's "Lifeshake" was meant to have been the 2007 follow-up to 2005's "Everything's Exactly The Same". However, the tracks languished on Jonathan Valentine's hard drive. Over the last few months, he and Mike Paradinas have put together an approximation of how the finished album would have sounded.

In the words of Chevron himself, "This is a collection of my music from 2002-2007. 'Sitari ST' features sitar by Urban Myth colloborator Chris Cook, 'Breytingar' features vocals by me and Boxcutter collaborator Brian Greene (I recorded this in a cottage in Ireland and the reverbs were recorded in disused chapel nearby). I was into the Prodigy in a big way whilst growing up. Their inspiration, The Specials, Rasmus, Kool Keith and their music had a heavy influence on 'Bangalore Torpedoes', 'The Ballad of Rave', 'Free' and 'Elizabeth I'. A brief collaboration with bhangra MCs Metz and Trix, teamed with the emergence of early dubstep, all flavoured my work at this time, as heard on 'Soul Cellar'. The album is a big melting pot of influences, from the computer game grime of 'Lyrical Dungeon', to the kecak and shakuhachi flavoured colliery band breakdown of 'Gravitas'."

Chevron has recently been releasing records with Altern8's Mark Archer and playing all hardware live shows with Venetian Snares and Ceephax Acid Crew. He is now pottering away in his central London-based studio ready for more releases this year.

As a big fan of Everything's Exactly The Same, I was highly anticipating Lifeshake and was disappointed when it did not appear. And even though this is not the true album but an approximation, I'm looking forward to it.

I wonder what other forgotten albums are due? One of the tags on tumblr featuring this link was for Venetian Snares...

very nice... Hoping for release of 0=0's punctuality... And while we're at it, maybe jega's variance, what it would've sounded like had it been released years earlier... (Although there is that older one floating around)...

Neat. I loved his debut album a ton back when I first heard and it felt like he fell off the map entirely for awhile.

He released a few singles and also another album on bandcamp called Obstacles, which contains one track that will appear on Lifeshake.

Neat. I loved his debut album a ton back when I first heard and it felt like he fell off the map entirely for awhile.

He released a few singles and also another album on bandcamp called Obstacles, which contains one track that will appear on Lifeshake.

Yeah, mostly meant the time between Everything's Exactly the Same and those releases though.

WAIT wait wait wasn't ZIQ156 meant for MILEECE - "TAU/SHINE" as announced hereo: http://www.planet.mu/news/7(which also never came out)

the lies!

anyways looking forward :c

Tau was the last Mileece track to get release. Still waiting for her second album, that'd be lovely to finally hear something new from her !

• 2 weeks later...

Archived