IGNORED

Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun

http://www.amazon.com/Agaetis-Byrjun-Sigur-Ros/dp/B00QN2OKAU/ref=sr_1_1_twi_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1422044419&sr=8-1&keywords=agaetis+byrjun

So Agaetis Byrjun just popped up on Amazon vinyl....does anyone know anything about a repress? This one has eluded me before and it's a must own in my book...just could never pull the trigger on discogs as it's always been priced very high.

I found this:

http://modern-vinyl.com/2015/01/20/sigur-ros-albums-reportedly-coming-back-to-vinyl/

No official announcements yet though....

I had to source ( ) from amazon.uk, comes out to about the same price Agaetis is in US ($30), I'm worried that won't get a US release for some reason.

Huzzah!

reissues are supposedly coming this year. not sure if any bonus material will be included. sigur ros are just whiney borecore superstars, but agetis byrjun was top notch. love it since at least 2001 when i bought it on tape (!). this popped up recently, i guess its related

reissues are supposedly coming this year. not sure if any bonus material will be included. sigur ros are just whiney borecore superstars, but agetis byrjun was top notch. love it since at least 2001 when i bought it on tape (!). this popped up recently, i guess its related

What is 'borecore'? Is that something Skrillex coined?

Cheers for the heads up, i have been trying to get this on LP for a reasonable price for many years. Based off the video, which sounds like them "finding" their sound in the late 90's, i'm guessing they are going to put out some kind of collection of unreleased early work. Maybe vinyl reissues will lead up to that, or they will get tacked on to the rereleases and spread across an array of vinyl (hopefully not), but i have a strong feeling they have some kind of stand alone collection that is titled "a good beginning" in Icelandic.

"góð byrjun"

Oh yes, you're totally right, "Agaetis Byrjun" does stand for good beginning.
So maybe this will be a reissue with bonus tracks from that era. The video doesn't get me very excited about the prospect, "Von" had a couple great tracks but overall isn't very good to my ears. Sounded like growing pains.

Guest bitroast

Noice! Waiting for a Takk repress as well.

Yeah there have been a few AB and () represses around that it wasnt too hard for me to pick em both up at some point. Takk.. Not so much and reeeally needs it !!

• 4 years later...

I missed out on the 20th anniversary press. How the fuck did I miss that? I hope they do another run.

The outtakes and live show that come with it are tasty. Especially the outtakes and demos. Good shit.

Archived