IGNORED

Why is life no longer exciting?

andyb

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you do, NDB? Do you go to school or do you have a job?

I've been in and out of several jobs over the last few years and have tried studying. I'm currently unemployed and looking for work

Well that could explain a lot. I was unemployed for 6 months last year and it was mind-numbingly boring and frustrating and I just wanted to scream into a pillow. I honestly thought I would never find a job. After 4 months I would start to tired around 12 pm each day. I could barely keep my eyes open. I thought something was wrong with me - and I actually ended up being scanned in a fucking MRI scanner, because people thought I was seriously ill. Turned out it was purely boredom.

So you need to somehow make sure that you have a good reason to get out of bed each day - even though you might not feel like it. Get a nerdy hobby like brewing fucking excellent coffee or start collecting LEGOs or something. Anything really.

but yeah, exercise helps a lot to better a mood

purpose too. cant find a job? intern somewhere: you'll fill your days at least

outside + nature is good. fresh air helps a lot in bettering your mood

sun + vitamin D is crucial especially in the dark months

maybe some st john's worth to kickstart you into something

re-evaluate your position and consider where you are, not where you expected to be.

In my opinion, people value life most when threatened by death. In other words, you might be missing adrenaline in your life. You might be a person that needs something extreme.

Also, bad sleeping habits can destroy you and are a great contributor to depressive feelings. I have been fighting this problem all my life.

In my opinion, people value life most when threatened by death. In other words, you might be missing adrenaline in your life. You might be a person that needs something extreme.

Also, bad sleeping habits can destroy you and are a great contributor to depressive feelings. I have been fighting this problem all my life.

Like publishing satirical cartoons !

Like publishing satirical cartoons !

For example :-))))

life isn't shit or amazing. it just is... so if you feel like that, it's your own fault... so find a new purpose to live it good.

This is exactly how you shouldn't respond to this kind of topic.

If you're able to post on the internet on a computer and listen to music then your life is more amazing than most. Quit whining and go outside you child.

Wait, no. THIS is exactly how you shouldn't respond to this kind of topic.

My advice is to just change things up a bit. Muster whatever motivation you have to pursue some interests that may be dormant for you.

yeah you basically said the same I said butwith sweeter words, but yeah people shouldn't be that direct (?)

You both showed a clear lack of empathy.

Welp thats the way I deal with it. Still hoping the best for op, I know how it feels

life isn't shit or amazing. it just is... so if you feel like that, it's your own fault... so find a new purpose to live it good.

If you're able to post on the internet on a computer and listen to music then your life is more amazing than most. Quit whining and go outside you child.

My advice is to just change things up a bit. Muster whatever motivation you have to pursue some interests that may be dormant for you.

yeah you basically said the same I said butwith sweeter words, but yeah people shouldn't be that direct (?)

Welp thats the way I deal with it. Still hoping the best for op, I know how it feels

You deal with it like that because you can't deal with it or you don't have any idea how to deal with it. Study a bit.

You deal with it like that because you can't deal with it or you don't have any idea how to deal with it. Study a bit.

lol I'll stop posting in this thread i feel like an ass

lol I'll stop posting in this thread i feel like an ass

You don't have to feel like an ass. Just study the subject a bit. It is not that easy problem as it might seem to some (currently happy and satisfied) people.

A few weeks back, I wrapped my belt around my neck to see how secure it would be........ because I felt like I'd seen all that I was meant to see.

If you ever think about killing yourself like that again, for the love of god, call a helpline, talk to someone, check into a mental hospital, whatever but DO NOT go through with it

In fact, consider seeking counselling now, even if you're feeling better

I am currently looking for a therapist. While these thoughts have crossed my mind several times recently, I know that I will never actually do it. Too scared and too hopeful. Thanks for your concern, hoggy.

Maybe you should try Russian roulette or get into a freaky sexual fetish.

autoerotic asphyxiation is pretty much a kinky russian roulette

I will make one more plea for OP (and everyone else, really) to check out mindfulness.

The goal of which is to find joy in simply existing, to quiet your neurotic inner monologue, to not require anything external to find happiness. I think it would help alot of people in this thread.

And sadly, many of the people who I would recommend it to most often don't even think such a thing is possible and dismiss it out of hand.

What do you do, NDB? Do you go to school or do you have a job?

I've been in and out of several jobs over the last few years and have tried studying. I'm currently unemployed and looking for work

Well that could explain a lot. I was unemployed for 6 months last year and it was mind-numbingly boring and frustrating and I just wanted to scream into a pillow. I honestly thought I would never find a job. After 4 months I would start to tired around 12 pm each day. I could barely keep my eyes open. I thought something was wrong with me - and I actually ended up being scanned in a fucking MRI scanner, because people thought I was seriously ill. Turned out it was purely boredom.

So you need to somehow make sure that you have a good reason to get out of bed each day - even though you might not feel like it. Get a nerdy hobby like brewing fucking excellent coffee or start collecting LEGOs or something. Anything really.

this for sure! ^

When i was unemployed for over a year after having worked since college, it was one of the worst years of my life. I thought at first, "no biggie, ill find a new job, work on my resume... and hey, now i can finally work a lot on music in the meantime". All this as I was getting support from my family whose monthly financial help were constant reminders of my shitty situation in life at the time. I slowly gained weight, stayed up super late watching b horror flicks and sci fi movies, eating junk food and researching existential philosophy and quantum physics on the internet. my roommate at the time was also in a fit of depression and it started rubbing off on me. my mind was filled with all sorts of pondering.. meaning of life/is time real/do we have free will/who am i. what resulted was 2 years of existential despair. The 2nd year, I finally got a "job" as a part time home health worker for a kid with muscular dystrophy. But since he was busy through out his day and most of my chores were to assist him when he needed me, my job was basically getting paid to sit on their couch, eating snacks and watching a shit ton of movies all day. Awesome, right?? Kinda, but not what you'd think. It was better than my previous state, but still depressing, because I wasnt busy or really working or doing anything purposeful. Later, I was able to find a full time regular job with many people around me, doing purposeful work, and felt 50 times better, and improved my life (to some extent lol)

My whole point of my story is that I learned, after looking back at that time in my life, that being unemployed can cause all sorts of depression and issues. I think that when we're removed from society and having a place/purpose, working with our hands/minds to earn a living etc, it's sort of undeniable that we'll fall into a depression. Just wanted to give some perspective that it could be as simple as being out of work. I remember even working at shitty jobs like Einstein bagels, I was much more happy than that period of my life lol.

Either way, I wish you the best and hope you find your way!

Archived