IGNORED

Ghostbusters with Female Cast

QBLA

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bill murray was never gonna do it anyway, so if they feel they need to do a reboot, why care either way? kristen wiig is way funnier than a lot of current male comedic actors anyway. as long as melissa mccarthy isn't just a 120 minute fat joke, im fine with it.

at first glance it looks like some sort of feminist social justice warrior attempt done by the sort of people who have more than one tumblr account

"i need to do make a movie that breaks gender stereotypes and give roles to women who arent hot, maybe throw a fatty or two in there, what better movie to be taken serious with than a spooky ghost catching movie for kids!"

/grumpy cis scum

i dunno man. i mean part 2 was a piece of shit anyway so who cares. i pretty much assume any of these reboot type things aren't for me anyway (mad max is prob the only one i've looked forward to, to any degree) so for me it doesn't matter if it's an all woman cast. if i try to think of it from another perspective, maybe its not a bad idea to do it that way anyway. could become its own thing instead of just a pale attempt at remaking the original thing. tbh imo they should try to get as far from the original as possible. but i know theyre still prob gonna fuck it up with lame, shoehorned nods to the original thing which it can never be.

I have no problem with the female cast, I just wish Hollywood would stop with the fucking reboots and sequels, but then again Transformers 4 was the highest grossing film in the world last year, so I guess we don't deserved any better.

I just saw a (supposed) synopsis of the plot, and if it's true, it sounds way too much like the first Ghostbusters film. If he script and acting is all good though, I'll be happy.

All little people reboot of Terminator 2 Judgement Day.

All Hispanic reboot of Roots. (Script is completely unaltered from the original)

Archived