IGNORED

Ghostbusters with Female Cast

QBLA

i would like to see a reboot of a film that attempts to be as close to an exact reproduction as possible. like, find actors that look as close to the original actors, same film stock, locations, have some one recreate the score, etc.

that might be cool.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bill murray was never gonna do it anyway, so if they feel they need to do a reboot, why care either way? kristen wiig is way funnier than a lot of current male comedic actors anyway. as long as melissa mccarthy isn't just a 120 minute fat joke, im fine with it.

pretty much this

Yay Kristen Wiig

Boo Melissa McCarthy

Shoulda got the girl from Workaholics

Totally. Or Aidy Bryant from SNL, she's a cuter and funnier version of Melissa McCarthy. Though I heard McCarthy was ok in St. Vincent, but otherwise she's always been so samey in movies.

Leslie Jones is funny as hell! I can already see her being all ghetto when she's confronted by a ghost!

Kate McKinnon ftw

Yeah Kate McKinnon is hilarious, very underrated, hope this is a good role for her to shine.

I'm glad they aren't doing another sequel with the same cast or a continuation of the last two. If this flops, it flops independent of the other films. No more high expectations (in a good way)

I'm glad they aren't doing another sequel with the same cast or a continuation of the last two. If this flops, it flops independent of the other films. No more high expectations (in a good way)

That's a real optimistic way of looking at it. I, personally, can't stand the fact they're even remaking it, but so it goes.

You won't catch me in the theatre for this one. This dude will not abide.

All Alf reboot of ET

All Alf reboot of Howard the Duck

All Alf reboot of Apocalypto

Just all Alf, all the time.

crop_alf.jpg

It seems you mistakenly posted a picture of Richie Hawtin.

Psssh, I never understood all the hate towards GB2, I loved it! Vigo was much more frightening than david gozer bowie. Mcarthy is a fucken twat, replace her and it would probs be ok.

Leslie Jones and Kristen Wiig are both shit, one can only do boorish and loud and the other is an annoying show-off.

Kate McKinnon is a riot, and I wouldn't say she's underrated either. Isn't she widely regarded as one of the very best on the current SNL cast? In any case, she is one of only a few reasons I still watch that show, but I'm not sure how well she would work in a movie.

Leslie Jones and Kristen Wiig are both shit, one can only do boorish and loud and the other is an annoying show-off.

Kate McKinnon is a riot, and I wouldn't say she's underrated either. Isn't she widely regarded as one of the very best on the current SNL cast? In any case, she is one of only a few reasons I still watch that show, but I'm not sure how well she would work in a movie.

indeed a similar appraisal was made about the original cast...oh, wait..of course not.

Yeah that was the wrong word - she hasn't been in many films yet though but that's clearly changing

i would like to see a reboot of a film that attempts to be as close to an exact reproduction as possible. like, find actors that look as close to the original actors, same film stock, locations, have some one recreate the score, etc.

that might be cool.

Totally off-topic, I know, but didn't they kinda try and do that w/Psycho (Gus Van Sant's version)? Not same film stock (plus it's in color), but essentially trying for a shot-for-shot remake, elements of original score used, etc.

I remember watching it and thinking, "yeah, good flick but. . . why?" Certainly interesting though . . .

yes they did, it starred Vince Vaughn. i guess they though it would attract a younger audience yadda-yadda-yadda.

needless to say, no one watched it.

It wasn't intended to introduce Psycho to a new audience, it was clearly aimed at those who know the original. I didn't think it was a very good movie but the jarring walkman stuff was kind of cool.

I want a ghostbusters movie that is just male movie stars from my childhood telling me that I did good, that I am a good strong man.

I want one with Alf. Rick Astley can play the woman in distress.

aha! someone finally did this, great jerb.

o-GHOSTBUSTERS-570.jpg

will it still be catastrophic if they cross the streams tho?

Totally hot IMO

yes they did, it starred Vince Vaughn. i guess they though it would attract a younger audience yadda-yadda-yadda.

needless to say, no one watched it.

I thought it was a really interesting experiment.

Archived