IGNORED

Grandaddy Dirtbox has a Splinter

Al N Aafiysh

It can be said that sampling, looping and re-assembling both found materials, and site-specific sounds selected for precision ov relevance to thee message implications ov a piece ov musics, or a transmedia exploration, is an All-Chemical, even a Magickal phenomenon.
No matter how short, or apparently unrecognisable a sample might be in linear TIME perception, it must, inevitably, contain within it, (and accessible through it) thee sum total ov absolutely everything its original context represented, communicated, or touched in any way.
On top ov this it must implicitly also include thee sum total ov every individual in any way connected with its introduction and construction within thee original (host) culture, and every subsequent (mutated or engineered) culture it in any way, means or form, has contact with forever...(in past, present, future and quantum timezones).
"Any two particles that have once been in contact will continue to act as though they are informationally connected regardless of their seperation in space and time."
- Bell's Theorem

If we shatter, and scatter, a hologram, we will real-eyes that in each fragmeant, no matter how small, large, or irregular, we will see thee whole hologram.
This is an incredibly significant phenomenon. If we take, for example, a SPLINTER of John Lennon, that splinter will in a very real manner contain within it everything that John Lennon ever experienced; everything that John Lennon ever said, composed, wrote, drew, expressed;
everyone that ever knew John Lennon and thee sum total ov all and any ov those interactions; everyone who ever heard, read, thought, saw, reacted to John Lennon or anything remotely connected with John Lennon; every past, present and/or future combination ov any or all ov the above.
All that encyclopaedic information - and the time travel connected with it through memory and through previous experience - goes with that one "splinter" of memory, and we should be very aware that it carries with it an infinite sequence of connections and progressions through time and space.
As far as you may wish to go. We can all now maintain thee ability to assemble, via these "splinters", CLUSTERS of any era. These clusters are basically RE-MINDing.
They are actually bypassing the usual consensus reality filters because they reside in an acceptable form ie: TV/film/musics/words) and travelling directly into "ahistorical" sections of thee brain, triggering all and every conscious and uncoscious reverberation to do with that one splinter hieroglyph.

"Someone's been in touch on these YouTubes, and they are just jealous. They have seen the skills in the last video, and have just said, "How do you do it, 'cause you are just the best ever."
His name was "Aphex Twin", and he's seen the skills with me and the Octatrack, and he has just begged and pleaded for me to give him a few tutorials to show him a few things, I have said, "no".
I have told him to go away, Squarepusher's been in touch."

“the combination made my eyes bleed”

I recently stumbled across this video from a Grandfather of a box of dirt.

This individual’s approach to sampling a fairly popular 60’s pop group reminded me of a text I had read many years ago, authored by a member of COUM Transmissions.

re/search: splinter test

The sire of the Dirtbox family used recordings from an era where mono (single channel) recording was at a premium.

Filling the Octatrack with 8 mono channels would use twice as less media as 8 stereotracks (8x2).

It would be interesting to test Bell’s theorem in terms of potency of effect with a mono track versus a stereo track to bring about the holographic experience.

Of course, with an Octatrack you can feed a mono source into a stereo effect.

The quotes I took regarding sampling a particular member of a pop group were from what looks to be original spelling/semantics of P-Orridge him self.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faRFnfGJh5o

http://vimeo.com/18675865

Archived