IGNORED

Trickfinger (John Frusciante) - Trickfinger

locustlx

It's ok I guess, if it wasn't John it'd really be nothing to write home about.

Yeah, I get that. The melody is strong though, especially when that higher counter melody comes in: stuck in my head over here. The acid-line is fairly weak though and the percussion isn't too exciting.

I have this mate who has been in denial of all electronic music for ages, his main argument being the 'ol "can't have emotions with machines". His biggest inspiration is John Frusciante. Thanks John :dadjoke:

Track in the OP sounds pretty decent too, I remember he did a live rendition of an AFX track with Flea once and you definitely hear an Aphex influence in this too. Nothing new or particularly interesting for me, but I don't doubt this'll open up new worlds for people following Frusciante, so I guess this is a good thing :)

Was hoping for Speed dealer moms LP

With this output it's been pretty apparent Speed Dealer Mom's was pretty much effort by mostly Aaron featuring John

• 1 month later...

http://invisible-movement.net/2015/01/john-is-releasing-an-album-on-april-7th-as-trickfinger

& if u want directly to dwnld 2 tracks free is here : https://neuroticyellrecords.bandcamp.com/album/sect-in-sgt, but not from the forthcoming album. I love these tracks! & After Below! :spiteful:

Me 2 but don't think this will be done...

With this output it's been pretty apparent Speed Dealer Mom's was pretty much effort by mostly Aaron featuring John

It's John who invites Aaron to make this project. Also John is best known than Aaron... And I think this group is composed of three people! there is also Chris! Chris McDonald. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FIVE mc202's! respect!

just started listening to this album. second and third track are really good. i'll listen further

• 3 weeks later...

Another good interview here: http://www.electronicbeats.net/ex-chili-peppers-guitarist-john-frusciante-on-making-acid-house/

I especially like this passage:

"It’s interesting that you say you let the samples map your direction for you. EB has spoken with a couple artists recently, like Nina Kraviz and Mark Leckey, who talk about “ghost in the machine” experiences where synthesizers have their own will, so to speak.

A synthesizer, where you have to connect each component, mirrors a human body, and it’s a mirror of nature as well, contained within one thing. A simple example is that a filter is like your mouth and the oscillator is like the wind coming out of your throat. When you’re dealing with elements like electricity, you’re dealing with an energy source from a mysterious place that we have inside us and makes us alive, you know? And you’re manipulating it. You get to be like a god on the outside, directing it. You could also say the synthesizer is like the parts of your brain that tell your body to do something.

But samples also mirror life, because recording itself is a mirror of sound, and you have the various atmospheres and the various human energies that have contributed to the sound of the history of recorded music. And so for me, there are the same infinite possibilities contained in samples as there are in synthesizers. I can’t imagine getting tired of either samples or synthesizers for that reason: there’s an endless amount of things to discover and an endless amount of ways to manipulate them."

I love that idea of the 'ghost in the machine' when it comes to synths.

Really can't work why that first track was the lead track for the album, I'd say it's by far the weakest track on there. Some really strong acid on this, and his more traditional songwriting past shows through in a few gorgeous melodies. First track's pretty dull though.

Archived