IGNORED

Al has a RM1x (journal)

Al N Aafiysh

I have an Yamaha RM1x.

Until very recently it was in storage because I was afraid my young children would destroy it.

I sort of remember how to use it.

So, I would like this thread to serve as a sort of journal as I figure out solutions for problems I ran into the last time I tried to use it.

When this piece of hardware was released, most people said it had a pretty cool sequencer but a rather bland rompler sound engine.

Perhaps somewhat ironically, I have held onto the device because of some of the sounds it has, and I have had some problems using the sequencer to control other external MIDI devices.

Previously I started a similar thread about my Monomachine here:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/86380-al-has-a-monomachine-a-journal/

If this is a problem for the mods and these threads need to be merged, please let me know.

Thanks,

Al

One of the problems I have had in the past is that the MIDI filter (see page 137) on the RM1x doesn’t really seem to work.

When I have the RM1x connected directly via MIDI to a Yamaha FS1r, and have the filter setting for program change to the MIDI out unchecked (off), it still sends program change information out, driving the FS1r crazy.

It seems like 2 Yamaha devices from the same era would get along better.

RM1x Owner’s Manual page 135

RM1x Owner’s Manual page 136

RM1x Owner’s Manual page 137

One of the features I want to use and send the generated MIDI info to other devices from is the MIDI Delay (see page 060-061).

I want to send MIDI delayed drum beats to an Akai MPC, and MIDI delayed arpeggios (page 062) to the FS1r.

RM1x Owner’s Manual page 060

RM1x Owner’s Manual page 061

RM1x Owner’s Manual page 062

Thanks again for reading.

Archived