IGNORED

Good Soundclouds (used to be possible RDJ soundclogs)

Jaspmf

no ofc. why you people still think brainwaltzera is rich/mike? it's ok, i guess, but...really?

there is and was only 2 afex accounts, he even said that now by himself, like it wasnt obvious anyway...

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could see brainwaltz being mike & friends

we can't trust richard. he was acting like user487363530 was not him at first, but watmm noticed a few clues that were hard to discount, a melody from aegespolis and a patch or whatever strait out of a released song.

when did the account description change for user48736353001? it changed for brainwaltz in the last hour and a half. before it was that line i posted above about the trail of imitators

i could see brainwaltz being mike & friends

we can't trust richard. he was acting like user487363530 was not him at first, but watmm noticed a few clues that were hard to discount, a melody from aegespolis and a patch or whatever strait out of a released song.

when did the account description change for user48736353001? it changed for brainwaltz in the last hour and a half. before it was that line i posted above about the trail of imitators

what tracks make you think this is afex/mike collab? and in what time period could they make that tracks?

IMHO for user487363530 it was obvious that it was afex because it really sounded like him, it was clear as day, everybody agreed immideatly. none of the tracks from brainzwalters sound like rich or mike, but as someone trying to emulate their sound, and not really good. most of the tracks are plain boring sketches IMHO

edit: oh ok you changed your mind about richard i see...but still, i see no mike there

the fact that he went out of his way to say that it was his only soundcloud account other than the official aphex one leads me to believe that he has another one.

I do not think it's the brainwaltzer one though.

the fact that he went out of his way to say that it was his only soundcloud account other than the official aphex one leads me to believe that he has another one.

I do not think it's the brainwaltzer one though.

i think he reads watmm and was shocked that so many people think that some goofy accounts are him :emotawesomepm9:

but yes, this is richard, he works in mysterious ways...

i still haven't heard something even close that could be him + I'm sure he would droped the clues. any clues.

edit: and i think brailwalets is wattmmer

Guest bitroast

User48736353001 updated bio with

"this is my only sc account btw, apart from the aphextwin one."

Ever get the feeling aphex is just trying to spell something out to you ?

If he's confirming he has two accounts, then I suppose they could each have one official account and one user### account -

The user0000008673 (brainwaltzera) account did seem to know that scirem was not the Luke contest remix, kept spamming about it until Rich replied directly to him and then Richard put out the track by itself on a day with no uploads -

Then user0000008673 took credit for it when someone thanked Richard for it right after it was posted-

If he's confirming he has two accounts, then I suppose they could each have one official account and one user### account -

The user0000008673 (brainwaltzera) account did seem to know that scirem was not the Luke contest remix, kept spamming about it until Rich replied directly to him and then Richard put out the track by itself on a day with no uploads -

Then user0000008673 took credit for it when someone thanked Richard for it right after it was posted-

even here on watmm some people were sure that scirem is not the track he sent to competition

that track was just taken from one of vibert or afex sets

edit: it was something like: luke said that competiton track had dope bass, and this unreleased track also had dope bass, so someone must have thought: "should be it!" lol and uploaded it as scirem, and the rest is history...there was never any evidence that this is competition track. this is as i remember it, could be mistaken

even here on watmm some people were sure that scirem is not the track he sent to competition

edit: it was something like: luke said that competiton track had dope bass, and this unreleased track also had dope bass, so someone must have thought: "should be it!" lol and uploaded it as scirem, and the rest is history...there was never any evidence that this is competition track. this is as i remember it, could be mistaken

Yes true, but it just seemed a little too perfect of a storm -

Add that to the fact that this account is clearly at least pretending to be Mike, and just happened to kick off a series of posting after neither account had done anything for 19+ hours or whatever it was - so many coincidences

Did nobody else get the notification that night from brainwaltzera about the playlist right before the u-ziq tracks started flowing again?

I could be way off base for sure, but it I am the coincidences are still impressive

Add that to the fact that this account is clearly at least pretending to be Mike, and just happened to kick off a series of posting after neither account had done anything for 19+ hours or whatever it was - so many coincidences

Did nobody else get the notification that night from brainwaltzera about the playlist right before the u-ziq tracks started flowing again?

I could be way off base for sure, but it I am the coincidences are still impressive

yeah i see your point and there's plently of coincidences and mystical stuff for sure...

i just cant grab my head around 2 things: first and most important - the music itself, and second being the fact that this brainwaltzer account spamming messages and acting so...you know, like that :cat: . I think it's totally not in Mike P's style, it just doesnt seem like he is that type of person who would do this things...(ofc i don't know him personally).

it's myspcaetusk all over again

yeah i see your point and there's plently of coincidences and mystical stuff for sure...

i just cant grab my head around 2 things: first and most important - the music itself, and second being the fact that this brainwaltzer account spamming messages and acting so...you know, like that :cat: . I think it's totally not in Mike P's style, it just doesnt seem like he is that type of person who would do this things...(ofc i don't know him personally).

it's myspcaetusk all over again

You're completely right, it's also the music throwing me off as well- some tracks could be Mike, some seem way off

I haven't even listened to them due to all the other confirmed stuff- all the weirdness I'm noticing is unrelated to the music itself -

It was when I was woken at 4am to a user0000008673 playlist edit post and then 10 minutes later a flood of u-Ziq tracks started flowing that I had to start at least looking into it

If its just a hardcore watmmer they must have been amazed at their perfect timing to really prop up the illusion :)

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

i wonder what it means tho

lol

i wonder what it means tho

lol

Richard just answered about 500 questions there

RANDOM FX and fork rave are my tracks of the day.

PS I got a kick out of aphex's comment on this mikep track:

https://soundcloud.com/mikep/mlr1

aphex confirmed for listening to 80s tunes.

Yea, thought that was pretty funny myself.

Just saw that on the dump thread (Aphex commented on an μ-ziq track a day ago saying it, it reminded him of "time after time"). Apparently brain waltzer has posted days ago a stretched out version of the track "time after time" and it's called "April 1-14" etc (April fools day/avril 14 ??!?!?!) Can anyone confirm this somehow?

Pretty funny how quick some people on here are to dismiss the unconfirmed SC accounts, apparently without giving them much consideration.

Its because 'random people pretending to be AFX on the internet' has been going on for literally 15 years _at_least_. The old timers here are very wary of it.

Back in the days before Soundcloud and youtube there would be tracks circulating on peer-to-peer sites like kazaa and soulseek, ('unreleased aphex twin', 'kick ass violin solo' etc etc). Because RDJ has always used pseudonyms and created new names from time to time there is a long history of people trying to pass off their stuff as his. Why would people do that? Well because its a way to get their hard work heard by lots of people. Even when it eventually gets debunked they've still got a lot of listens.

Some of these fakes are very interesting pieces of music in their own right, and RDJ has always stoked this kind of mystery by hinting that he had pseudonyms that people hadn't discovered yet.

So its a fun game, "Is X the Aphex Twin?" is often a question worth considering. But you have to remember the number one rule:

Number one rule: There is a long history of many many fakes, some of them very good pieces of music in their own right, so whatever it is very probably isn't Aphex Twin unless you have some very very good evidence.

user48736353001 had very good evidence (absolutely irrefutable evidence - full versions of previously heard live tracks), nothing else mentioned in this thread has anything coming anywhere near that. And watch out because now RDJ has pulled this soundcloud trick, the number of fakers is going to increase faster than ever.

RANDOM FX and fork rave are my tracks of the day.

PS I got a kick out of aphex's comment on this mikep track:

https://soundcloud.com/mikep/mlr1

aphex confirmed for listening to 80s tunes.

Yea, thought that was pretty funny myself.

Just saw that on the dump thread (Aphex commented on an μ-ziq track a day ago saying it, it reminded him of "time after time"). Apparently brain waltzer has posted days ago a stretched out version of the track "time after time" and it's called "April 1-14" etc (April fools day/avril 14 ??!?!?!) Can anyone confirm this somehow?

I did confirm it was Time after Time - I was the one who posted about it before-

(If you download it and play it faster you can hear for yourself, and yes it was posted a month ago)

It's just an extreme coincidence, one of many that really made me investigate the brainwaltzera account.

The u-Ziq track really does sound like Time After Time, so it's just a natural reaction from RDJ, not a secret hint :)

After listening to more of the music on brainwaltzera, it just seems like a hoax using tracks from multiple people.

As I mentioned in the earlier post, one track comes up as Nora1 by Mis-bit, so it could be Mis-bit and friends supplying the tracks.

Mis-bit keeps reposting all the brainwaltzera stuff, and appears to be from Greece, which could explain the tons of greek lettering on these tracks.

The tracks are very inconsistent in quality and style, there's stuff that sounds like someone trying to copy Oversteps for instance-

Nothing in here that would justify a secret account, as far as I can tell.

Number one rule: There is a long history of many many fakes, some of them very good pieces of music in their own right, so whatever it is very probably isn't Aphex Twin unless you have some very very good evidence.

Fair enough. I guess what I'm trying to say is; who cares if it's authentic as long as it's good music?

I guess I think art should be evaluated on its worth not based on the person who made it so I'm grateful that people may be pretending to be AFX as it enables me to hear more great tunes. Haven't been lurking here for that long so guess I'm not au fait with all the usual shenanigans just pleased about the abundance of (what I consider to be) great music :)

Archived