IGNORED

Good Soundclouds (used to be possible RDJ soundclogs)

Jaspmf

alright here are zips for somadril, brain waltz era, richrud d jomes, and 3rd armpit.

all have consistent artist and album tags.

somadril is fixed, the one i linked earlier had brain waltz stuff mixed in.

the brain waltz zip has some altered file names because the unusual characters prevented being zipped.

3rd armpit zip has a few that were removed from the sc page.

richrud d jomes track titles are confusing because many were syro fakes, but there shouldnt be any duplicates there.

some of the flacs are not really lossless, i decoded some from lossy then encoded to flac.

You sir, are the shit...

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I actually cannot stop listening to this song.

*Emo alert* Life's getting the better of me at the moment but this song has really helped. If whoever made that track happens to read this, I respect your wish to remain anonymous but I'd like to thank you very very much. I owe you one. Keep on doing what you're doing.

Cheers

im getting into the brain waltz era stuff now. april 1-14 is some of my favorite ambient. album length song, too

That one is the slowed down version of Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper

it continues to be of interest to me that still most of the people doing Aphexy sounding stuff, especially those trying to pass themselves off as aphex never nail the 'dark' type of melodies or sounds he does, 99 times out of 100 people seem to only go for the 'floaty' 'happy' kind of melodies. To me its a dead giveaway of when someone isn't aphex, i'll only start to get semi convinced once I hear the trademark darkness which Aphex is so fucking good at.

it continues to be of interest to me that still most of the people doing Aphexy sounding stuff, especially those trying to pass themselves off as aphex never nail the 'dark' type of melodies or sounds he does, 99 times out of 100 people seem to only go for the 'floaty' 'happy' kind of melodies. To me its a dead giveaway of when someone isn't aphex, i'll only start to get semi convinced once I hear the trademark darkness which Aphex is so fucking good at.

What do you think of Untitled 97 off the steinvord myspace?

Edit: I only ask because that completely nailed the vibe that you're describing. Something about the irregular key and detuning of his "darker" melodies.

Guest Rabid

Yep, I actually cannot stop listening to this song.

*Emo alert* Life's getting the better of me at the moment but this song has really helped. If whoever made that track happens to read this, I respect your wish to remain anonymous but I'd like to thank you very very much. I owe you one. Keep on doing what you're doing.

Cheers

That track sounds a lot like u-ziq to me. And I gotta admit, it almost made me cry when I heard it.

im getting into the brain waltz era stuff now. april 1-14 is some of my favorite ambient. album length song, too

sped it up hoping this was an april fools joke... nope

Considers speeding it up when I get home to see if your post is an April fools joke*.....

lol

Still awesome.... :) Also love this one, which is one of the longer ones with kilos of ominous atmospherics plus a magical explosion at the end (not at all reminiscent of any AFX work thou)

https://soundcloud.com/brainwaltzera/5-leesa-waar

the semblance between certain melodies here has me scratching my chin hairs

https://soundcloud.com/brainwaltzera/dropp-on-gminor-001

https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/11-early-morning-clissold

Yeah there's def some interesting sounds on bw that might be coming out of similar rare equipment. I'll give you that.

But I also agree with Ludd

edit: well spotted btw!

After I wrote that I was worried that you were maybe hinting at an april fools mentioning this track and I had screwed up the joke :) especially considering the track title

Archived