IGNORED

Heorge Garrison - Shortridge EP

MadnessR

Nice breaks and well produced tracks. Still dunno why anyone would want to ape aphex or sqrpshr so much. A lot of time and effort trying to be someone else.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice breaks and well produced tracks. Still dunno why anyone would want to ape aphex or sqrpshr so much. A lot of time and effort trying to be someone else.

musicians cant help but influence each other, especially such prolific ones. ive listened to the hg stuff a bunch and it is its own thing, not a hollow mimicry as you seem to be implying

Nah dude come on it's all roses. I don't care what people do. It's almost a genre in itself...the aphex sqrpshr thing...begun by benn Jordan more than 10 years ago....I just don't really understand why someone would desire to do it...mainly cause I don't. I do think this is more than influencing though...it's definitely an homage...speaks of fandom rather than anything else...not a bad thing...each to their own....

i disagree with your point that hg stuff is more than influenced and is more of a homage. i dont know how we could quantify any evidence regarding the disputed point... would require a very elaborate report on breakbeats. i just feel like i might as well defend heorge whose music i really enjoy.

Guest cult fiction

Any chance of getting Matt Colton to master it?

who is that? we already had an engineer in mind, the same one that mastered the last Sote release

dude who mastered tuss, kerrier district, loads of other great sounding rephlex and mu braindance releases, just a pie in the sky suggestion as i hear he's pretty affordable

http://www.discogs.com/artist/393350-Matt-Colton?layout=sm&page=1

really it's all about the tuss fo me, some of the best mastered releases of all time imo(compare to prior and later similar style afx releases that don't sound nearly as good), heorge garrison has some of that tuss magic so that's what made me think of it

please do not chopd brake. aphex twins invented chopd brake. why bother make a techno. people are doing that decades ago. its just homage to carl craic so everyone make a chopd brakes in 13/9 random giltch plug. this can only way to be origin. also don't used amen brake cause invented by squarepusher

please do not chopd brake. aphex twins invented chopd brake. why bother make a techno. people are doing that decades ago. its just homage to carl craic so everyone make a chopd brakes in 13/9 random giltch plug. this can only way to be origin. also don't used amen brake cause invented by squarepusher

hey ah... who were you before you changed your screenname?

goto profile > Display name history

who is that? we already had an engineer in mind, the same one that mastered the last Sote release

dude who mastered tuss, kerrier district, loads of other great sounding rephlex and mu braindance releases, just a pie in the sky suggestion as i hear he's pretty affordable

really it's all about the tuss fo me, some of the best mastered releases of all time imo(compare to prior and later similar style afx releases that don't sound nearly as good), heorge garrison has some of that tuss magic so that's what made me think of it

cool, ill look into it. I was very pleased with noel summerville's mastering and was planning on using him for probably all of our future beat oriented releases.

Good tip Cult Fiction, that's an impressive resume he's got. It does seem quite appropriate. He mastered the VSnares records! I know that's a bad word around here, but Matt Colton clearly knows how to make busy break music sound clean (think detrimentalist)

Guest cult fiction

cool, ill look into it. I was very pleased with noel summerville's mastering and was planning on using him for probably all of our future beat oriented releases.

dayum i didn't realize you meant noel summerville! yep he's a fine choice fo sure

• 2 weeks later...

will the 4 songs we have be on it? how many songs total?

trying not to overplay them, there will already be that incongruity i'll have to smooth out. listened to a couple yesterday and they're still great

• 2 weeks later...

goto profile > Display name history

Didn't know that was a thing, thanks mang!

I figured he's ludd though =)

• 2 weeks later...

is you download this track (posted 9 days ago) and open it with a spectrogram software it displays a picture of some threes, plus what seems to be the part of a link :

showthread.php?t=135446

the soundcloud tag ("image") and the sound of this short "track" made the first step obvious to me but I'm not sure what to make with the link. any help?

interesting, didnt know about this...

5930d9684a.jpg

a quick google search shows there are a bunch of threads on different forums with that link, nothing stands out

edit: wait wait wait figured it out, it's a link to that old forum post of his which has recently been edited

http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=135446

with a link to this

https://soundcloud.com/heorgegarrison/50655a/s-w3Yz8

checked candbamp but nothing new there, VERY happy to have this full track now tho

Archived