IGNORED

Dekmantel Festival 2015 (Autechre, Clark, Luke Vibert, Dopplereffekt, Squarepusher, etc.)

Herr Jan

30 JUL - 02 AUG

In previous years Dekmantel has always been in one place (Amsterdamse Bos) but now they are expanding to four locations across Amsterdam. The line-up is pretty amazing, and the first another (forgot about Bloc... and Sonar...) Autechre gig confirmation of 2015 is in!

10897853_797744220273259_327873215513056

This festival sells out incredibly quick because of its reputation of being the most hip / cool thing, but the line ups have always been incredible.

Hope I can get tickets just for Autechre (they will be playing at Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ), anything else is a bonus :)

When do they go onsale? I clicked on buy tickets but it lead to a blank page.

Damn, I just went to check when they would go on sale, apparently it already started! *puts the AE gig in basket*

Maybe try another browser? They use some flashy embedded paysystem thingy (no expert on the matter).

bought ticket for AE at ijgebouw

there's talk in the chatmm's that this will turn into a meeting of some sorts. all are welcome ofcourse

the line-up is insanity though. big up for dekmantel

Jaysus that's an insane lineup, I's jelly!!!

(nvm Amsterdam being one of my favourite cities to visit :catcry: )

Monolake, Actress, Clark, Robert Hood, Shackleton, Machinedrum... in SMALL PRINT ffs

What I never got about posters like this though is how certain artists are tagged "live," what exactly is the criteria for that? Are we to gather that four tet's set will consist of a lifesize cardboard cutout and CDR flanked by an interpretive puppet performance or something? :shrug:

Monolake, Actress, Clark, Robert Hood, Shackleton, Machinedrum... in SMALL PRINT ffs

What I never got about posters like this though is how certain artists are tagged "live," what exactly is the criteria for that? Are we to gather that four tet's set will consist of a lifesize cardboard cutout and CDR flanked by an interpretive puppet performance or something? :shrug:

It mostly boils down to ' as opposed to just DJ'ing (other peoples) tracks', so the artist is playing his own stuff with prepared patterns etc. an/or plays on live gear.

looks like amsterdam's vers of moogfest. they basically take over every venue in asheville nc for about 5 days. it's mostly speaking engagements and workshops during the day tho and music at nite

also most of the venues in asheville are shit

It mostly boils down to ' as opposed to just DJ'ing (other peoples) tracks', so the artist is playing his own stuff with prepared patterns etc. an/or plays on live gear.

Ah, okay I can see that. I guess Madlib's appearance is the only one that needed to be qualified a a "dj-set" since he's the only hiphop artist headlining - maybe people would otherwise have no idea what to expect...

How fast do the tickets to Dekmantel usually sell out? I don't yet know where I'll be when this is going on.

Like I said in OP, the festival sold out really fast last couple of times BUT they were a lot smaller previous years. Spreading it out over four days and a lot of locations this time really helps, so I honestly can't say about when they will be gone. I wouldn't wait too long though...

And nice you've got tickets for the whole thing PhoeniS, don't think I'll be able to join the other dates tho :(

Archived