IGNORED

Melody Generating Software

sTeh B L

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been working on my own melody-generating software lately, here are a couple of results:

link

link

Let me know what you think.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been working on my own melody-generating software lately, here are a couple of results:

link

link

Let me know what you think.

m1 has some really good moments, I'd be surprised if you told me that hadn't been edited at all after the initial generation. Both have some good bits for sure, sounds like you're making some good software there :)

I've seen this before, maybe when it was posted months ago or somewhere else, but it looks like a well done tool. This is what I use Max for though, not too much here that's 'unique' other than it being a strong stand-alone piece of software; out of sheer laziness I prefer tools that are already integrated into what I use (Ableton Live, mostly). The learning/improvisation could be useful, and it's strength as a sequencer are its strong points imo.

All melodies including bass for this were generatively created, recorded, heavily edited, sequenced, and structured, then re-fed into arps/generative tools while performing it live. It's a bit wild, but that was intentional, I really wanted to channel a bit of free-form jazz styled insanity while still having it all ground back down into simple moments and collections of patterns. I think it turned out well.

[bandcamp]https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=3425436753/size=small[/bandcamp]

m1 has some really good moments, I'd be surprised if you told me that hadn't been edited at all after the initial generation.

Thanks! I tinkered with the timbre after generation but all the notes were left as-is.

All melodies including bass for this were generatively created, recorded, heavily edited, sequenced, and structured, then re-fed into arps/generative tools while performing it live. It's a bit wild, but that was intentional, I really wanted to channel a bit of free-form jazz styled insanity while still having it all ground back down into simple moments and collections of patterns. I think it turned out well.

[track]

Very cool.

I really liked it as well, quite surprising the nice happy change that happened in M1, after reading a bit of the thread again made me think of being auto-happied by a machine lol

'Have your chord change mr lala, you know it will make you happy'

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived