IGNORED

Another CAT023 On Ebay - Signed By Richard - 20,000 USD

Joyrex

Another CAT023 has surfaced on Ebay, for a mere 20,000 USD:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aphex-Twin-Caustic-Window-1994-unreleased-test-pressing-CAT-023-SIGNED-/271643082975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f3f3080df

Interestingly, it is signed by Richard, and the seller (even more interestingly) is based in the US!

Interesting, this one was posted on the internet months ago (during the whole CWLP event) because the guy allegedly found it in a record bin somewhere if I'm not mistaken. It was claimed as being fake pretty quickly after.

I'm convinced seeing the writing in the grooves now though :)

i wish i had a magic basement that printed expensive records, everyone else seems to have one...

or local thrift stores/charity shops/car boot sales with rare records for a few pennies.

all I got is a local Oxfam selling Endtroducing for forty quid. cheeky.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aphex-Twin-Caustic-Window-1994-unreleased-test-pressing-CAT-023-SIGNED-/271643082975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f3f3080df

Interestingly, it is signed by Richard, and the seller (even more interestingly) is based in the US!

lol

Joyrex are you selling your CWLP?

Someone should alert someone that can make that stop.

Interesting, I live pretty much round the corner from Piccadilly Records, I can always drop by and ask about it.

I wonder who the original owner of this was. I'm nto so sure his name was 'Lyric'.

Didn't he only gives copies of CWLP to friends?

"What's weird, is I had a date with this girl Lyric, who told me she was an electronic musician. She also said that she went to England and met Aphex Twin. When I saw the record I flipped. No pun intended."

I've notified the relevant folks about this bootleg... dollars to doughnuts says it's a vinyl cut of the digital audio files we released.

Interesting, I live pretty much round the corner from Piccadilly Records, I can always drop by and ask about it.

Please do - if you find out who is selling them, please let me know.

how much would it cost to a have record pressed like this? not much I guess

Have been wondering the same. Would love to press an LP of some tracks from the SC dump. If not insanely expensive, would love to do it.

remember when we all jizzed our pants when we bought those unreleased CWLP tracks

and look at us now, swimming in unreleased afx tracks

I'm literally jizzing my pants every time I see a new soundcloud upload.

I'm afraid I will die soon due to dehydration.

lol

Joyrex are you selling your CWLP?

Someone should alert someone that can make that stop.

everybody can do it... it's a shame, it's profit ... must boycott!

Be smart, because they will not report the person who did this, pretend you're interested. Frankly, fans can see the difference between the original and this one... And it's maybe one of us, a member of WATMM or Kickstater to purchase digital files...

I've notified the relevant folks about this bootleg... dollars to doughnuts says it's a vinyl cut of the digital audio files we released.

Please do - if you find out who is selling them, please let me know.

Do not be so, ask joyrex conditions if you find the culprit... for example, the original Caustic Window LP to send you! :spiteful:

Be smart, because they will not report the person who did this, pretend you're interested. Frankly, fans can see the difference between the original and this one... And it's maybe one of us, a member of WATMM or Kickstater to purchase digital files...

yeah I dug up an old RA article where the author asked about a bootleg being sold at Piccadilly, whoever was on the phone at the time was pretty evasive. Seems a bit "don't ask, don't tell" really.

Do not be so, ask joyrex conditions if you find the culprit... for example, the original Caustic Window LP to send you! :spiteful:

:spiteful:

Have been wondering the same. Would love to press an LP of some tracks from the SC dump. If not insanely expensive, would love to do it.

pressing an lp from mp3 files? :catsuicide:

pressing an lp from mp3 files? :catsuicide:

:catghost: - wake up petina, we need you! there are still people who ignore the quality of digital files... we could imitate Jesus on the cross: "Lord, forgive them, they don't know what they do ..."

Archived