IGNORED

New album 2015 ?

Guest Joergen

I would like them to make something more explicitly melody oriented this time. But really sophisticated. Something like Oversteps but hard and raw-sounding. Proper "riffs" and gradations, less generative arpeggios.

I just hope they won't ever release anything like this ^

Fair enough, as they will do whatever they want anyway :-) I believe we will be surprised again.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like them to make something more explicitly melody oriented this time. But really sophisticated. Something like Oversteps but hard and raw-sounding.

Part of me agrees, but many of my favorite ae "melodies" are contained in short intervals of tracks, like sun rays briefly penetrating the clouds. Dilankex being a good example.

I'm always eventually on board with whatever they do though.

I'm always eventually on board with whatever they do though.

I can't think of another band where this is true. ae work in mysterious ways

Yes, this is really true and unique.

I think that's just it though. I like it when they break away from melody and what we perceive as 'music' traditionally speaking - and do something that is more Autechre, which to me is much deeper then the traditional and I love being surprised and not knowing what comes next in a particular track. Ae hit me right to the core of me, I'm glad these boys stray away from that sort of stuff, most of the time anyways. However a melody may be nice, nothing is more refreshing than the straying from 'pop' sounding stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

They seem pretty routine with their release dates. The last several albums:

Exai March 4

Oversteps March 22

Quaristice March 3

Untilted April 18

Draft April 7

Confield April 30

So unless they spring one on us with no warning, doesn't look like anything will be out this year.

They seem pretty routine with their release dates. The last several albums:

Exai March 4

Oversteps March 22

Quaristice March 3

Untilted April 18

Draft April 7

Confield April 30

So unless they spring one on us with no warning, doesn't look like anything will be out this year.

:fear:

April is right around the corner...

... and there I will be standing to remind everyone that Sean Booth himself went into Chatmm a month ago to say there's no new release planned at the moment.

*ruins Joyrex doing His Thing*

:dadjoke:

... and there I will be standing to remind everyone that Sean Booth himself went into Chatmm a month ago to say there's no new release planned at the moment.

Rewinds to earlier where Sean Booth himself went into Chatmm and said they are working on their new album already.

"album to follow sometime in the distance"

Rewinds to earlier where Sean Booth himself went into Chatmm and said they are working on their new album already.

He said "it will prob happen next year or later" back in September, and "there is stuff happening but now's not the time to tell you anything" in February.

Gives the idea that their album is still in the works with no date planned for release yet. I mean, there was a rumour that their album would be released in March, which got debunked. March isn't even over, and we're already hyping for April? I think that's even too soon for an announcement.

I'm still thinking 2016 tho (yet i want it asap just like everyone else)

Joyrex pls don't do any jokey hype-ups, April Fools or not. They've already tried to calm people down because of rumors. Not sure if they appreciate such buzz when an album isn't even finished (probably).

He said "it will prob happen next year or later" back in September, and "there is stuff happening but now's not the time to tell you anything" in February.

Gives the idea that their album is still in the works with no date planned for release yet. I mean, there was a rumour that their album would be released in March, which got debunked. March isn't even over, and we're already hyping for April? I think that's even too soon for an announcement.

I'm still thinking 2016 tho (yet i want it asap just like everyone else)

Joyrex pls don't do any jokey hype-ups, April Fools or not. They've already tried to calm people down because of rumors. Not sure if they appreciate such buzz when an album isn't even finished (probably).

I agree with everything you've said in this post.

I was just playing triachus with you.

Archived