IGNORED

the day ceephax surpassed his bro

Guest yikes

i enjoy both of their music immensely but on such different frequencies or moods or what have you. its like theyre playing different sports, yknow, so it doesn't even cross my mind to consider one 'surpassing' the other.

but this is also why i agree that a collaboration release would be fantastic. some crazy hybrid music might emerge

there's a quite developed sense of kitsch in both their music though. But yeah otherwise their approach is pretty different, I don't see how one want to compare them like that anyway.

it remembers me when I saw a thread on a forum a long time ago, the title was like "Venetian Snares has become better than Aphex Twin" or something. Some people were justifying this statement by the way Vsnares rhythms are so sick. 7/4 intensive dark beat fuckery you know. I'm happy I don't hear it that way.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

This day only happened in your head. Let's not pretend Ceephax isn't doing the same type of tacky melodies that Squarepusher is doing these days, it's just that Ceephax is able to hide it in his hipster duffus act.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yikes

Duffus (Scottish Gaelic: "Dubhais") is a village in Moray, Scotland. The Duffus Village Inn, the local shop, Post Office and Duffus Village Hall provide a focal point for the community. Nearby are the impressive remains of Duffus Castle, St. Peters' Kirk, and Spynie Palace.

Duffus has won numerous awards, including "Best Kept Small Village in the North of Scotland". Also to the east side is Gordonstoun School which takes over 150 acres (0.61 km2).

DUBHOUSE!

Someone who hasn't got a clue!
They live in blissful ignorance of the world, fashion, personal hygiene and social skills.

Invariably laughs like a baboon being repeatedly punched.
"That bloke is a total dufus"
"He laughs like a fat, useless dufus! Lets promote him!"

HIPSTER DUFFLE BAG ACT

The long-gestating mystery of a British spy found dead, in his own bathtub, inside a duffle bag appeared to reach its conclusion Wednesday, though it is one that won't satisfy a lot of people.

In 2010, Gareth Williams, a spy with MI6 and Government Communications Headquarters, was found decomposing inside a padlocked duffle bag in his bathtub. Despite the obvious implications of that statement, police have closed the case, saying Williams "most probably" died accidentally alone.

Detective Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt announced the results of a three-year investigation at a press conference Wednesday. Hewitt said police could not "fundamentally and beyond doubt" rule out that he was killed, but the evidence was not strong enough to support that finding. The Scotland Yard spokesman acknowledged their conclusion isn't definitive, but "on balance, it is a more probable conclusion that there was no other person present when Gareth died."

In other words, it's still pretty much a mystery. "Despite all of this considerable effort, it is still the case that there is insufficient evidence to be definitive on the circumstances that led to Gareth's death," the spokesperson said. "Rather, what we are left with is either individual pieces of evidence, or a lack of such evidence, that can logically support one of a number of hypotheses."

The police conclusion clashes with a coroner's report released last year, which ruled that his sex life didn't play a part in his death, but that Williams was "probably unlawfully killed." Previous investigations discovered that Williams had a proclivity for bondage and BDSM websites and clubs, and his web history revealed he had visited sites dedicated to "claustrophilia," a fetish that focuses on enclosed spaces. But forensic investigations didn't find any of Williams' DNA on the bag in which his body was found, or the surrounding bathtub. Traces of another person's DNA were discovered, but not enough for police to identify them. The rest of his relatively bare flat showed no signs of a clean up or tampering.

You can understand why this case grabbed the public's attention. A British spy, working in the highest echelon of the intelligence service, found dead under mysterious circumstance in what's now a potentially unsolvable crime. Williams' family still thinks he was killed, and plenty of other people who saw today's police decision balked at the results. It also brings to mind another "unsolvable" spy murder from reacent memory, that of a Russian triple agent(also working with MI6 and Spanish intelligence) who was allegedly poisoned with polonium-laced tea.

This day only happened in your head. Let's not pretend Ceephax isn't doing the same type of tacky melodies that Squarepusher is doing these days, it's just that Ceephax is able to hide it in his hipster duffus act.

The difference though is that ceephax doesn't take himself seriously.

Tom seems to take himself really seriously.

The difference though is that ceephax doesn't take himself seriously.

Tom seems to take himself really seriously.

f0048302_23205428.jpg

You'll notice that's by Chaos A.D and not under the squarepusher moniker. It's decidedly more goofy than stuff under the squarepusher moniker in the same era. Just like shoobadooby one is like pop music or something.

Also it's almost 2 decades old.

My comparison still stands, Squarepusher takes himself to be an artist (and he is, to be fair) and Ceephax just acts like a raver and doesn't take it so seriously.

Tom doesn't even look like he's having fun at lots of his live shows lol.

You'll notice that's by Chaos A.D and not under the squarepusher moniker. It's decidedly more goofy than stuff under the squarepusher moniker in the same era. Just like shoobadooby one is like pop music or something.

so? Tom is behind all of those, that's who we're talking about.

I only posted that because I didn't find Tesko on youtube, which is under the Squarepusher name. but then you'll tell me that's just a 20-second interlude track and more than 15 years old and then I will fall asleep into my breakfast :derp: the point is that the humour is there.

I do think he takes himself more seriously than Ceephax but I don't think he's stiff either.

Tom doesn't even look like he's having fun at lots of his live shows lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUu2yvD6EMw

Fair enough, I guess I mean overall. Tom still has his moments where he's goofy (and yeah that 2001 show I think he's having a blast lol) but overall he seems to take himself more seriously. I don't mean he's stiff though.

But Ceephax is deliberately goofing off, what with the jumpers and whatnot.

I think they're both awesome artists and find comparing them strange kind of. They've both made a name for themselves.

I'm glad Ceephax has gotten out there. when I first started listening to Squarepusher and heard his brother's silly remixes of his tracks I never thought he'd be as big as he is now.

Tom is more timid than Andy, but otherwise both are crazy. They have fun and/or take it seriously... but it's not Tom, the most serious musically nor Andy, there... They have a very different universe and their technique differs. They do not have the same spirit of music and do not have the same musical cultures... I have read intervews where Squarepusher messing and interviews where Ceephax was very serious... It's not comparable, it's two different personalities...

• 2 weeks later...

Have you guys read his essay about some kind of favorite apple that was on the BBC site some years ago? It was a fan question and Squarepusher gave the most bloated reply imaginable, that's Squarepusher. Ceephax can get away with anything, it's actually really smart since you never really see anyone criticizing his music much. Also goodwill generates more shirt sales and more shows, apparently Squarepusher is only figuring that part now.

Archived