IGNORED

'Official' Minipops video

Kennylogg Bubblebath

Guest trananhhung

Fellini and Bergman when they were 9 were too busy being bourgeois with their upper middle class families. Are you really trashing this kid for doing videos with music we all love and comparing them with the visual compositions of well educated bourgeois directors that were 50 during their pinnacle periods? You've got a very offensive post there.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm just gonna say this is one of the best and weirdest video's i'v ever seen in my life, what in the hellfuck!!?

these kids know the track better then me and just look at the tweekings movements of the girls and kid in sync with the song

this isn't some amateur recording, this is an official aphex twin video probably from warp with a super director

also watch at the dude with the bag passing by, who could it be?

mental video

I wanted to stop commenting on this topic but I have to agree with you Ivan. The whole style of most of the videos on the page in my opinion have a stylistic voice that is too similar to warps style and I could be just hearing things that are not there but I swear if you watch those cat app videos the way they are strung together feels like the way Aphex would program those. You pair that with the fact that these might be the children of Heidi Lord and the theory that this is some subversive "easter egg" way to promote Syro becomes less of a crazy conspiracy theory. It would not be out of character for Warp or Aphex.

I guess its either gonna be revealed and folks like me and Ivan will be like

Called It!

Or

These kids are advanced amazing little beings and I should have more faith in the young generation.

Phlexunger's for the children !

What?

edit: what?!

ahah seriouly guys, what are you talking about. it's a kid who makes videos, and he makes better videos because he has a little talent and moreover he has had tablets and phones in his hands for his whole life and he watched millions of videos by the age of 5 (normally parents do that with children so they stay calm, people around here do that all the time).

He just have better "video-vocabulary" than you all just by sheer experience. that's it. this is a digital native with a touch of talent and personality. these are his videos.

try downloading the app he's using to make videos (I did) and see how easy it is to do those videos from a technical point of view. Content wise he just shows his life and this makes it interesting immediately, because it's a way of seeing the world that you don't have.

the minipops video is't done by a bunch of kids

just look at the girls from from 2:55 on

they seem to lose interest in the video, but then they pull these drugged out spontanious moves like they heard it a 100times

this is studied like hell, not a 10 year old director imo but a professional afx video

how about a poll?

*drinks*

wow guys you are really drunk and on drugs

Fellini and Bergman when they were 9 were too busy being bourgeois with their upper middle class families. Are you really trashing this kid for doing videos with music we all love and comparing them with the visual compositions of well educated bourgeois directors that were 50 during their pinnacle periods? You've got a very offensive post there.

i think he was havving fun of Ivan and not the kid himself

Guest trananhhung

Ok, I apologise for knee-jerk reaction. It's just that I like the kid. Wish more kids were into AFX and being happy about it. And yes, Ivan's conspiracy theories are very far-fetched. The minipops video was just a miracle that happened because of the random accidents that actually fit the music - and the kid flawlessly lip-synching it makes it out of this world. Let's just be glad it happened. But please don't bring Bergman to a home made phone video clip. :nyan:

Ok, I apologise for knee-jerk reaction. It's just that I like the kid. Wish more kids were into AFX and being happy about it. And yes, Ivan's conspiracy theories are very far-fetched. The minipops video was just a miracle that happened because of the random accidents that actually fit the music - and the kid flawlessly lip-synching it makes it out of this world. Let's just be glad it happened. But please don't bring Bergman to a home made phone video clip. :nyan:

i don't see how it's far fetched but if you guys wanna believe in a miracle were kids have listened 1000x to minipops and have random dance accidents that actually fit the music perfectly ,go ahead :lol:

i don't see how it's far fetched but if you guys wanna believe in a miracle were kids have listened 1000x to minipops and have random dance accidents that actually fit the music perfectly ,go ahead :lol:

i really don't see you point

kid is the afex fan. they play together. probably that girls heard syro like every day for a long time. when i was a fan all my friends heard afex every day, even if they didnt like it. nothing mystical here

song.was.playing.on.the.street.when.they.filmed.it

thats why the moves match the music

thats why kid "flawlessly synch lips" stuff

jesus

kid is the afex fan. they play together. probably that girls heard syro like every day for a long time. when i was a fan all my friends heard afex every day, even if they didnt like it. nothing mystical here

jesus

yeah sure it's all spontanious

7Dinzpp.gif

of course it was. I see young girls doing silly dance moves all the time. Even more, most of their dance accidents don't even match the music. Some do, but it proves absolutly nothing, at one point or another it will match eventually. The whole picture is they are kids having fun and not thinking about this too serious

or you think there was a proffecional choreographer who's like "you should totally raise your leg at 3:19, it will blow Ivan's mind! Ok girls, take 16. Go!"

actually, i don't care that much :cat:

as richard said, it's better to beleive in mystical shit cause it's more fun to live that way.

so maybe you're right

Guest Kilgore

jesus

yeah sure it's all spontanious

7Dinzpp.gif

I agree. It was an inside job. The kids were already rigged with explosives before the planes hit.

This video contains content from [Merlin] Warp Records, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

prolly, if you don't upload via the Videostar app, youtube analyze the video for copyright infringement

• 4 months later...

He's back

The disclaimer at the beginning is so amusing "WARNING: this music video contains violently disturbed kids"

Video starts at 2:13, but it's worth a look even before that point mark. Pretty glitchy video

This is perfect

haha came here to post that one, so good.

I think I may have watched about 70% of his videos now.

This might be my fave:

Curtains is very funny. That odd music being used for a family sat in a pub made me laugh loads.

Lichen is weirdly touching. Sometimes that track kills me. Combined with the out of the window recording made me feel pretty nostalgic.

• 10 months later...

Archived