Top 5 Favorite BoC Releases

lyst

Mine-

1. In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country

2. Campfire Headphase

3. Geogaddi

4. MHTRTC

5. High Scores.

Reasoning: Every album had hits I Ioved, but In a Beautiful Place is one I've always went back to for meditation and introspection regularly. While a lot of BoCers weren't heavy on CH, I think over the years it has really the best all around playability. I love glitch IDM shit (older stuff), but a lot of my formative years I spent trying to get others into BoC as well, and the go to tracks were on CH Dayvan Cowboy and such - I was converting people in droves. The rest is self-explanitory.

PS: Unfortunately TH would probably be last in the entire list. The least invigorating release by far.

Interesting. They're all very close for me, and I treasure each album in it's own way. It's difficult saying I prefer any one to another. But I'll try!

1. IABPOITC

2. MHTRTC

3. The Campfire Headphase

4. Tomorrow's Harvest

5. Geogaddi (SACRILEGE I KNOW!)

6. Trans Canada Highway

7. Hi Scores

8. Twoism

Geogaddi and In A beautiful Place Out In The Country are by far and away my number ones.

Equal second would be Music Has The Right To Children, Twoism, Hi Scores,

At the magic number three mark its all the rest! So no number 4 and 5 :wink:

I still consider Geogaddi to be the best album I've ever heard. The rest are all quality, and each have their own merits, but at the minute:

Geogaddi

In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country

Tomorrow's Harvest

Music Has The Right To Children

The Campfire Headphase

Twoism

HiScores

Aquarius 7"

Trans Canada Highway

Geogaddi and In A beautiful Place Out In The Country are by far and away my number ones.

Number ones?!?! Come on, you have to pick. This is what makes it difficult. Choose wisely.

Number ones?!?! Come on, you have to pick. This is what makes it difficult. Choose wisely.

No sweat. Geogaddi. It's by far and away one of the most brilliant albums ever made. The IDM Dark Side of the Moon.

1. Geogaddi

2. In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country

3. Music Has the Right to Children

4. Tomorrows Harvest

5. The Campfire Headphase

thats not to talk down on the other Ep's, but they just dont pack the full punch the albums do (other than the exceptional In a Beautiful Place). Also the tracks which reappear on Music has the Right to Children (smokes quantity, turquoise hexagon sun) are I think better represented on that album

Guest transmisiones ferox

Has changed over the year, not that much praise for MHRTC and I think Geogaddi is their best, also TCH is very good, amazing quality, the replayability and production, but it steel don't make my top 3,

1. Geogaddi

2. Tomorrow's Harvest

3. MHRTC

4. TCH

5. IABPOINC, or Twoism, Highscores

Guest transmisiones ferox

Also I don't know why I'm putting Geogaddi 1st instead of TH, maybe because it's just an established opinion, how Geogaddi is a true classic, it's people opinion and I don;t want to disagree so much, dunno, but tbh some tracks on Geogaddi sound very ok comparing to what we have on TH, speaking of density and production TH is beyond everything they made, my opinion

1. Geogaddi

2. MHTRTC

3. Hi Scores

4. The Campfire Headphase

5. Twoism

i don't think i could ever stop listening to Geogaddi. all five of these are stellar releases. still not sure about TH but it definitely factors in, it's too hard to compare really.

1. MHTRTC

2. Geogaddi

3. Tomorrow's Harvest

4. Trans Canada Highway

5. Campfire Headphase

The order changes regularly - each time I listen to an album I think that one is the best. This is about right though.

TCHP and IABPOITC always get most listening time around spring/summer time, out on walks and bike rides on forest trails and along the beach.

Geogaddi feels darker and fits my autumn mentality perfectly. These albums always seem most powerful on the days that mark the beginning change of the seasons, weather in flux and new fresh smells in the air.

Definitely outdoor music for me.

Even Tomorrow's Harvest, which really opened up for me during a beach bonfire evening last summer.

When I first heard MHTRTC it was the summer of 2000, I had finished my last year of school, had no idea what I was gonna do after summer and spent so many lazy days out on the lawn with BoC drifting from speakers in the living room while everyone else was at work, or just wandering around with MHTRTC on my discman.

TCHP

IABPOITC

Geogaddi

Tomorrow's Harvest

MHTRTC

Geogaddi is the magical foundation for my belief in BOC.

Everything they do that isn't really that great from that release onwards is righted by the Geogaddi rudder. Any swell, whirlpool, rapid or turbulence is navigated to perfection by the steadfast Geogaddi tiller.

3. Trans Canada Highway

4. Geogaddi

Surely you jest

No, not really. TCH is most similar to my favorite LP by BoC- that's why it's higher. Geogaddi is a masterpiece just like TCH and MHTRTC and lost by a few points

Archived