IGNORED

the five dollar fantano review

beerwolf

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not too different from patreon setups, but those are usually for artists of some kind... not sure I'm really going to pay a dude for his opinion, though, not being a fan of Fantanto notwithstanding.

I'd be more likely to pay him to shut his face and never review anything again.

I say if Joyrex can kickstart CW, then WE CAN KICKSTART HIS SHUT FACE.

wtf? is he shooting up heroin?

I like this kid but $5 for not just a review, but a reissue at that, is not going to work. Shame on anyone who actually pays for this.

If he did $5, 10 or 15 for a book or extended video on something more interesting, I'd be all for it. Like if he did a 33 1/3 on Death Grips, that's something you can sell.

But this a classic album that has already been discussed by far more passionate and knowledgeable writers, and I can't imagine any other artist or album beyond TD that would warrant such a price for his review either.

holy fucking lol.

£5 hipster cliff notes anyone?

Fuck off fantano.

Hey Spiral, I wouldn't knock those cliff notes, not everyone has time during the day to learn these high level techniques....

I like this kid but $5 for not just a review, but a reissue at that, is not going to work. Shame on anyone who actually pays for this.

If he did $5, 10 or 15 for a book or extended video on something more interesting, I'd be all for it. Like if he did a 33 1/3 on Death Grips, that's something you can sell.

But this a classic album that has already been discussed by far more passionate and knowledgeable writers, and I can't imagine any other artist or album beyond TD that would warrant such a price for his review either.

Exactly, there is so much you can read online if you want to know about TD or any other 'classic' or 'seminal' group.

It's sheer hubris for Fantano to think his opinion and recommends are worth paying for.

wtf? is mr. fantano shooting up heroin?

thread retitled!

I'd be more likely to pay him to shut his face and never review anything again.

thread answered!

Seems as we are all on the same wavelength here. I don't mind this dude on the whole, but this five dollar review is bollocks imo. It's obviously aimed at fleecing his gullible tribe of followers. Nice move Cunthony Cuntano!

I've seen evidence of his hubris before when he responds to the haters by stating all of his appearances and interviews he's had over the years and asking if you think his opinion really doesn't matter now. I can't remember the video, but it was a bit surprising.

i concur with what you said, and even though i don't support/agree with what he's doing, i don't see a problem with it. this is just the result of capitalism. AFAIK, fantano now now supports himself solely from his reviews so i can understand his need to diversify his bonds. also, there was a guy that got $55,000 to make mashed potatoes so there is a very real business in separating fools from their money

I don't fully understand why anyone would care what someone else's opinion is on an album, outside of the obvious friendly conversation, such as with your friends or in a forum. When the opinion is one sided such as in a review, what exactly is the purpose of it to the end-reader?

Doesn't it make more sense to digest the medium and formulate your own opinion? Or is it more for entertainment purposes, like watching pewdiepie or something? =/

I don't fully understand why anyone would care what someone else's opinion is on an album, outside of the obvious friendly conversation, such as with your friends or in a forum. When the opinion is one sided such as in a review, what exactly is the purpose of it to the end-reader?

Doesn't it make more sense to digest the medium and formulate your own opinion? Or is it more for entertainment purposes, like watching pewdiepie or something? =/

you should check the replies to fantano's videos. people ask him to review albums they own or like just so they can hear his opinion- as though it will alter what they already think about it. there's a strange fetishism about knowing they like something, and someone they admire likes to it.

i thought this was gonna be "fantano will review your track for $5", which tbh would be a ril good dil considering you'd be name dropped on one of the most popular music vlogs going

Unless he doesn't like it then no one would check it out

you should check the replies to fantano's videos. people ask him to review albums they own or like just so they can hear his opinion- as though it will alter what they already think about it. there's a strange fetishism about knowing they like something, and someone they admire likes to it.

Some type of weird self validation behaviour I guess...? huh

i wish he just asked a support donation in a simple way, the fact he asks in exchange of one actual review is quite unethical of the genuine initiative.

i think he made a mistake and he probably wanted to do it a good a way, but he failed.

i would have donate 5bucks not just for his general work and devotion not for a review that i don't want to check at the first place

sorry for being negative ...

Archived