IGNORED

the five dollar fantano review

beerwolf

i wish he just asked a support donation in a simple way, the fact he asks in exchange of one actual review is quite unethical of the genuine initiative.

i think he made a mistake and he probably wanted to do it a good a way, but he failed.

i would have donate 5bucks not just for his general work and devotion not for a review that i don't want to check at the first place

sorry for being negative ...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wish he just asked a support donation in a simple way, the fact he asks in exchange of one actual review is quite unethical of the genuine initiative.

i think he made a mistake and he probably wanted to do it a good a way, but he failed.

i would have donate 5bucks not just for his general work and devotion not for a review that i don't want to check at the first place

sorry for being negative ...

Do I need to quote full posts too to be cool?

riversface.jpg

We're missing the greater point here in that this guy is a gigantic tool, regardless of however many neckbeard hipsters autofellate to his schtick. Just put him on your personal "ignore" list like say a skillrex, flahblub or eugene.

And yeah I realize all too well the meta-hypocrisy of biking in to dis thread is but whatevs :catsob:

i watch some of his reviews, even though i think he's a friggin nun for giving Yeezus a 5/10,

but this is all very absurd, 5 bucks for a review of a classic album, noone but a fool would buy that

he could have just said, pls peopls donate or i have to go work in 3 shifts at the dildofactory and i can't review

there is something more behind if, it all seems like a joke or maybe he needs a boat for smugglin heroin

fuck yeah all this hate on the internet is giving me such a huge microphallus

i thought this was gonna be "fantano will review your track for $5", which tbh would be a ril good dil considering you'd be name dropped on one of the most popular music vlogs going

He used to do this kind of thing:

quote from the internet archive of his webpage: "No donation is too small, also Anthony Fantano is happy to do a personal track review via an e-mail or audio file for $15–given it’s not 20 minutes long."

I don't know if anyone actually ordered a review from him like this.

I found his videos when a lot of those vinyl community people started posting videos a few years back. There were a few members of that community that have really good taste in avant jazz and electronic music and a lot of odd ball stuff I keep up with some of their channels because I like finding out about rare records that I otherwise would not hear of. Some of Fantanno's reviews I thought were good his antics can be amusing but he is definitely has a "pro youtuber" type thing going.

i thought this was gonna be "fantano will review your track for $5", which tbh would be a ril good dil considering you'd be name dropped on one of the most popular music vlogs going

Unless he doesn't like it then everyone on watmm would check it out because they're still angry at him not giving exai 15/10 and saying a squarepusher album title slightly wrong one time

I wonder how much I blame him for finding his niche and making a living with it. Dunnnno.

Yeah I guess so. Would I try to do the same? Probably.

Just seems a bit peculiar to pay somebody for their opinion when I can just go over to youtube (or in my case my cd rack) and make up my own mind. Maybe I'm old fashioned and out of step. Probably lol.

Sometimes I care enough to watch his videos, but never enough to pay for his opinion on a well established classic. Maybe he's losing his mind because he's going bald on camera in front of millions.

Why do you people hate Fantano so much? I would understand if he was arrogant or took his opinion as fact, but he doesn't. Sure, you may dislike his annoying baby-talk (I know I do) and stupid editing, but other than that it's just a guy giving his opinion. He doesn't look down on others or anything like that. And if you dislike the concept of music reviewers in general, well... why do you concentrate your hate beam on Anthony?

It's sheer hubris for Fantano to think his opinion and recommends are worth paying for.

Looking at the reviews on Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, etc, I think that is not the case at all

And anyways, he's just asking for donations like every other vlogger is doing nowadays, and giving something back in return. Something he's also going to give everyone else, at the end of the year. I dunno, I seriously don't get the hate :shrug:

why do you concentrate your hate beam on Anthony?

Because he's capitalizing off of having an opinion.

Part of it is jealousy, part of it is anger that someone can make money off of just having an opinion. Why are people paying him for his opinion? It's asinine. The guy is annoying and making money for being annoying.

focuses hate beam*

It's Biebernomics really. People getting rich off of nothing.

lol

It must be hard to find a sense of purpose when your contributions consist of rating other people's blood sweat and tears. But as long as I'm making more money than him I don't give a shit really.

Archived