IGNORED

Kerrier District 4

Bubba69

Thanks all!

Yes KD3 is soundofspeed from Japan, speaking to Hiro who runs the label. The track 'Dick' has a Salsoul sample in it, and they are on top of things when it comes to people 'sampling their shit' - so it's looking unlikely that this will ever get a repress. Salsoul will take him to the cleaners. That said, maybe there's a deal to be had with Salsoul? I haven't yet explored that avenue, but I will look into it. I don't own that record personally, the only KD one I don't own, so i'd love a reissue/ repress.

Keep ya posted.

On another note, Luke's turned in an amazing remix of this classic for me -

Which will go out later this year on my Sneaker Social Club label, and obviously i'm biased...but for me this is the best remix he's done since that Jamie Lidell 'A Little Bit More'

I'll whack up some samples as soon as it's mastered.

: )

This still coming out soon ?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all!

Yes KD3 is soundofspeed from Japan, speaking to Hiro who runs the label. The track 'Dick' has a Salsoul sample in it, and they are on top of things when it comes to people 'sampling their shit' - so it's looking unlikely that this will ever get a repress. Salsoul will take him to the cleaners. That said, maybe there's a deal to be had with Salsoul? I haven't yet explored that avenue, but I will look into it. I don't own that record personally, the only KD one I don't own, so i'd love a reissue/ repress.

Keep ya posted.

On another note, Luke's turned in an amazing remix of this classic for me -

Which will go out later this year on my Sneaker Social Club label, and obviously i'm biased...but for me this is the best remix he's done since that Jamie Lidell 'A Little Bit More'

I'll whack up some samples as soon as it's mastered.

: )

This still coming out soon ?

Yea I really wanna hear this, the original is whopper.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

ive been a huge fan of luke for a while now but only recently ive gotten into his kerrier district stuff. so i wanted to ask if there's other artists making music similiar to this style, this funky/dancy/disco-style stuff, would be glad to receive some recommendations :)

hey guys,

ive been a huge fan of luke for a while now but only recently ive gotten into his kerrier district stuff. so i wanted to ask if there's other artists making music similiar to this style, this funky/dancy/disco-style stuff, would be glad to receive some recommendations :)

Metro Area, Kerrier District started off because of that project (the name KD is basically a variant of MA too).

great, gonna check that out later!

i just remembered this mix i had listened to a couple of months ago from giorgio moroder, has kind of a similar vibe as kd as well i guess. althought its way more classical and the IDM-component is missing.

i only need to listen to 1 kerrier district song and i can't get out of this stupid disco-mood all day long :D kinda annoying

the worst earworms are square dance and disclix atm. cant get them out of my head for a second.

Cheers for that mix :) of course it's all original disco tracks so definitely classical in that way. Also, there's not really an IDM component in Kerrier District imo.

Another related name to Kerrier District is Black Devil Disco Club, which KD did a remix for. This EP is essential disco listening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT9jz_WBjqI

Anyway, if you want any good disco classics, start with this absolutely essential mix and work your way from there :)

And of course, for all the classix all the time, there's this: https://intergalacticfm.com/intergalactic_classix.php

Hope at least some of these hit the right spot :)

unfortunately i just started an analord session and one does not simply interrupt analord, so i got music for the next 3 and an half hours :D

but yeah, already looking forward to that stuff!

oooof metro area so overrated but yeah i guess they are the closest. there's loads of amazing new york/east coast 90s garage house that is loads better tho... johnick is a great place to start :)

[youtubehd]wIpOzqCaMOY[/youtubehd]

• 1 year later...

Archived