IGNORED

SF soundclog listening party

Tatdylf

Hi everyone, I noticed a little while back there are lots of people on the forum in the SF bay area. I was thinking maybe we can do a listening party or something. I might have access to a nice club space so we could get the whole sound system and everything, or maybe someone else has a good space.

Anyone interested?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Audio on 11th and Folsom, I work there, talked to the GM yesterday and she said I could use the space on an off-night, Tues or Wed and would only need to pay for the lighting guy.

I guess someone would have to be DJ, that's not my expertise, but looks like a nice opportunity.

Audio on 11th and Folsom, I work there, talked to the GM yesterday and she said I could use the space on an off-night, Tues or Wed and would only need to pay for the lighting guy.

I guess someone would have to be DJ, that's not my expertise, but looks like a nice opportunity.

im not familiar with the space, but the idea is sound. I'm sure you could generate some decent booze sales for the space if you promote it a little bit, make an event on facebook, things like that.

id be down to dj part of the night, here are 2 aphex mixes i put together when Syro came out:

https://www.mixcloud.com/FluorescentGrey/afxtechnomix/ <--- afx techno mix

https://soundcloud.com/fluorescentgrey/afx-mix <--- afx best of mix

i know a lot of other djs but not any of them are that big of aphex twin fans besides Jay of Exillon , i know he's a pretty big aphex fan.

this is the space - http://www.yelp.com/biz/audio-san-francisco ?

i haven't been there yet but it looks quite nice actually, nicer looking than F8 the club not too far down the st. Would you say its something kind of in between the aesthetics of F8 and Monarch or closer to Monarch?

Guest suicidalpineapple

This is a fantastic idea. I'd love to make some more aphex friends and listen to "14 Floating" on a funktion one..

Anyone know what happened to old acounts? i had an account on here as far back as mid 00's and it seems to have been deleted. Didn't go on here for a few years so maybe thats why.

im not familiar with the space, but the idea is sound. I'm sure you could generate some decent booze sales for the space if you promote it a little bit, make an event on facebook, things like that.

id be down to dj part of the night, here are 2 aphex mixes i put together when Syro came out:

https://www.mixcloud.com/FluorescentGrey/afxtechnomix/ <--- afx techno mix

https://soundcloud.com/fluorescentgrey/afx-mix <--- afx best of mix

i know a lot of other djs but not any of them are that big of aphex twin fans besides Jay of Exillon , i know he's a pretty big aphex fan.

this is the space - http://www.yelp.com/biz/audio-san-francisco ?

i haven't been there yet but it looks quite nice actually, nicer looking than F8 the club not too far down the st. Would you say its something kind of in between the aesthetics of F8 and Monarch or closer to Monarch?

Yeah that's the space. Personally from a music/dance perspective I think it's better than f8 and Monarch, it's super simple: a large, not huge, rectangular room with a recessed dance floor in the middle, dj booth right in front of that, couches along the walls and a bar on either side. Just be careful not to get too wasted because the only entrance/exit is a long flight of stairs :)

That would be great if you can dj, maybe you can contact Jay then?

Any idea how far ahead is good to promote something like this?

Guest suicidalpineapple

Special req: if we could avoid 3/25 through 3/29 that would be cool.. out of town. Yup, plan it all around me.

Danny oflannigan, got a carl sagan sweater i'll wear just for you pal.

Special req: if we could avoid 3/25 through 3/29 that would be cool.. out of town. Yup, plan it all around me.

Yeee, ill recognize you then, lol. Also, is this going to be 21+? I turn 21 next st. patties and it'd be a shame if i'd have to miss this so close to my birthday

it should be way earlier than that i think, there is still nice buzz about the soundcloud stuff, id say no later than the first week of March this should happen. Trying to work out the logistics with Jdub now (check your private messages)

It's looking like early to mid-March, hopefully we can sneak you in Danny :)

Yeah just soundcloud, John Ehrlichman is helping to coordinate djs and had the idea to have themed sets: breaks, ambient, techno, acid etc.

I'm going to try to hammer out details with management as soon as possible and set a date.

Ah damn, well it said on their website that every event is 21+ so i don't think i can make this. Although this will be a much smaller event so maybe it can be all ages?

Otherwise, :catsuicide:

This is going to be a private event, I will have to double check but I think it won't be 21+. Just whoever we can coordinate here and our friends so hopefully there is a decent turnout.

Archived