IGNORED

Autechre outtakes

chenGOD

With Autechre's unique methods of making music (generative synthesis plus programming, and whatever else), I wonder if they would have an outtake catalogue like the recent Aphex dump. I imagine for the earlier albums (pre-Confield) they might have had more, but of course, I could be totally wrong - maybe they record loads and loads of generated output to disk and have terabytes of unreleased bits just sitting around on disk.

What sayeth the massif? Doth the 'chre have a back catalogue like tha ginger ninja?

I think they probably have tons of material from all eras and I really really want to hear more Oversteps shit. Like 80 hours of raw uncut wiggly synth harmonies

Yeah, tons of it.

But seeing the recent soundcloud dump things, I hope warp would wake up and find a way to facilitate their artists with an easy way to put up some of archives online, without going through the entire release schedule process. Instead of soundcloud bleep could be used. And people could pay for their mastered lossless tracks of their likings and all. Heck, warp should even throw in a "you pick your compilation and we provide you the physical package with artwork to boot".

Yeah, tons of it.

But seeing the recent soundcloud dump things, I hope warp would wake up and find a way to facilitate their artists with an easy way to put up some of archives online, without going through the entire release schedule process. Instead of soundcloud bleep could be used. And people could pay for their mastered lossless tracks of their likings and all. Heck, warp should even throw in a "you pick your compilation and we provide you the physical package with artwork to boot".

this sounds incredible

Sean spend about 4 hours(!) in chatmm a few days ago (to debunk this but he hung around a bit after that). This question, about releasing stuff from the archive ala soundcloud dump, was asked to him, and his response was something like:

"it's all on a landfill now mate"

:wtf:

But I think what he threw away was just tons of experiments/jams, and not finished tracks. I hope. I can't recall exactly... he did say he "wasn't one to keep things preserved" and "all that wasn't meant for public consumption anyway", something along those lines. Can't recall the exact quotes. Hope to get a more clear answer about this one day.

Yeah I should clarify I'm not actually asking for a dump, I was just curious if people thought their methods led to a similar number of outtakes.

I would have guessed fewer, due to it not being quite as "jam" based as Aphex, if that makes sense.

Yeah I should clarify I'm not actually asking for a dump, I was just curious if people thought their methods led to a similar number of outtakes.

I would have guessed fewer, due to it not being quite as "jam" based as Aphex, if that makes sense.

I always thought they were more jammy than RDJ, especially on Untilted, Quaristice and Exai.. shit I mean they even showed us the live jams from the Confield tracks in that live stream a few years ago..

I always thought they were more jammy than RDJ, especially on Untilted, Quaristice and Exai.. shit I mean they even showed us the live jams from the Confield tracks in that live stream a few years ago..

Aye absolutely - It was always my impression that most tracks were big long jams that were then pieced together to make a short form track using a DAW (was it Digital Performer in that screenshot a few years back?)

Aye absolutely - It was always my impression that most tracks were big long jams that were then pieced together to make a short form track using a DAW (was it Digital Performer in that screenshot a few years back?)

1f92e2ed29.png

Well, looks like I've been thoroughly discredited as an Autechre fanboy

*hangs head in shame, cries tears of pure semen, re-reads Alco's review of Oversteps, eats toast, more semen, feels good, sean plz*

Sean spend about 4 hours(!) in chatmm a few days ago (to debunk this but he hung around a bit after that). This question, about releasing stuff from the archive ala soundcloud dump, was asked to him, and his response was something like:

"it's all on a landfill now mate"

:wtf:

But I think what he threw away was just tons of experiments/jams, and not finished tracks. I hope. I can't recall exactly... he did say he "wasn't one to keep things preserved" and "all that wasn't meant for public consumption anyway", something along those lines. Can't recall the exact quotes. Hope to get a more clear answer about this one day.

please tell me you found out which landfill

Quaristice Versions seems to be the closest we'll ever get to something like this. which im probably ok with. Id rather them release their great live sets in good quality

Yeah as well as Quadrange was released digital only on bleep, was it a track a day? Or something liek that - kinda pre-empted the 'dump' style. Pretty fucking cool. It has proven (to me) to be a worthwhile release you can keep going back to and comparing/co-mingling with Quaristice... but I remember a a bunch of watmmers pissing and moaning about it at the time - I guess people expected more radical revisions/remixes rather than versions.

If every AE release was followed with a Quadrange style digital release dump of versions/alt-mixes/extended cuts I would shit my pants with happiness.

But yeah, livesets would be nice too.

But imagine hearing some of those Untilted b-sides/extended jams. Or Draft drafts...

Ae are my favorite music dudes ever by a million miles but I'm fine with them just releasing the stuff they feel is finished to their liking.

And I say this as a guy who could geek out on a 90 minute unedited Sublimit groove on repeat for a month straight if such a thing existed.

Well, posthumous release of those jams would be appropriate, shame they're gone

;(

holy shit i interpreted "they're" as sean and rob and frantically googled autechre to see what had happened. gave me a fucking fright

Well, posthumous release of those jams would be appropriate, shame they're gone

;(

holy shit i interpreted "they're" as sean and rob and frantically googled autechre to see what had happened. gave me a fucking fright

Oh god no

Archived