IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, Squarepusher is the musician that's so far out there in terms of variety & experimentation that I am highly interested in every release. And every time it's a musical adventure that doesn't quit. I'd really like to have a jam with him on his bass, & me on drums.

First listen to RAYC FIRE 2 had me a little puzzled.. but upon repeated relisteninge at volume.. FFUUCCKK it's like the aural equivalent of having blasts of electricity straight into your ear drums! CRAZIFRYING

I'll admit, I only used it on my studio monitors and headphones, not my full sized system.

Maybe I need the body shaking effect of 20hz for it to be enjoyable. Will try Saturday lol.

Much like the constant AFX rotation I had going leading up to Syro, I can't stop listening to Squarepusher records. I'm so fucking excited for the new album.

Rayc Fire 2 is fucking garbage and listening to it within a 31-sided enclosure with conch shells on my ears and dick isn't going to change that. It's god awful. But the other 3 tracks confirmed on the album range from ok to really good, so I'll hold out cautious optimism.

I also think he's been self-parody since Hello Everything so what do i know

Much like the constant AFX rotation I had going leading up to Syro, I can't stop listening to Squarepusher records. I'm so fucking excited for the new album.

I feel ya; just listened to Shobaleader, Solo Electric Bass 'n Numbers Lucent. Loved every minute!

Rayc Fire 2 is fucking garbage and listening to it within a 31-sided enclosure with conch shells on my ears and dick isn't going to change that. It's god awful. But the other 3 tracks confirmed on the album range from ok to really good, so I'll hold out cautious optimism.

I know of the two radio one tracks, but do you have a link to the 3rd ?

Haven't read the thread. Only listened to Rayc Fire.

Is anyone else hearing a Ceephax influence? I mean, obviously the production, motorcycle obsession, and copious use of amen are very up Squarepusher's alley. But the way the phrases end with those little funky noodles seems a bit Ceephax to my ears.

I like Shoe Bleeder a lot.

Me too. I would love a sequel.

Rayc fire 2 just gets better and better with each listen alright. At first, i was "wtf.. ugh"... now I totally get it.

Squarepusher ALWAYS does this when i think about it.

REALLY looking forward to the album now....

Well... Still not feeling Rayc Fire, and I didn't love the last 2 albums... but Squarepusher is still Squarepusher. I'm definitely going to listen to the whole album in its entirety the day of release. He hasn't completely lost me as a fan or anything and I'm sure never will. I'm critical because much of his music had a huge impact on me. Its like the sports fan constantly ragging on their team. Its all out of being a HUGE fan.

Well... Still not feeling Rayc Fire, and I didn't love the last 2 albums... but Squarepusher is still Squarepusher. I'm definitely going to listen to the whole album in its entirety the day of release. He hasn't completely lost me as a fan or anything and I'm sure never will. I'm critical because much of his music had a huge impact on me. Its like the sports fan constantly ragging on their team. Its all out of being a HUGE fan.

totally bruv!

I know of the two radio one tracks, but do you have a link to the 3rd ?

Sorry Stephen, I read one of teetime's posts too quickly/drunkly and my mind decided angel integer was the 3rd track, which is dumb in many ways but I am dumb in many ways.

Lol no worries, I think I know what your train of thought was:

He mentioned that squarepusher had played the other track as an opener "at recent ufabulum shows". I searched recent ufabulum shows and he frequently opens with angel integer. So maybe you did drunk addition and put those two together haha.

:beer:

but also the epic stadium ice / angel integre sequel that he played in late ufabulum shows as an opener.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=326083297535341&set=o.31422322848&type=3&theater

this one you're talking about?

really hoping this is on ther

wow never heard this before, sounds awesome :)

Guest chops727

im lucky enough to have heard the whole album and its so much better than anything he's released in last years, production wise, composition wise etc BUT its still pretty harsh on the ears and has these annoying epic melodies in all the wrong places, which i personally dont like, it's like he's trying REALLY hard to be succesful, anyway this is a partial return to form imo and has some amazing bits on it, dense.

I think the promo track was the worst one to pick, listening to the rest kind of makes me like it more but its still essentially a throwaway track for me, its like it ticks most of the boxes apart from the most important one, which is the mood, which is garbage imo.

I think basically when Tom makes music HE really truly likes, rather than what he thinks will make his career better or what's good for his image he will be on the right path and we will all get some amazing music.

He doesn't realise that one simple rule and I hope your reading this now Tom, just make music for yourself and when you truly enjoy it, so will most of the rest of us.

Good luck mate.

im lucky enough to have heard the whole album and its so much better than anything he's released in last years, production wise, composition wise etc BUT its still pretty harsh on the ears and has these annoying epic melodies in all the wrong places, which i personally dont like, it's like he's trying REALLY hard to be succesful, anyway this is a partial return to form imo and has some amazing bits on it, dense.

I think the promo track was the worst one to pick, listening to the rest kind of makes me like it more but its still essentially a throwaway track for me, its like it ticks most of the boxes apart from the most important one, which is the mood, which is garbage imo.

I think basically when Tom makes music HE really truly likes, rather than what he thinks will make his career better or what's good for his image he will be on the right path and we will all get some amazing music.

He doesn't realise that one simple rule and I hope your reading this now Tom, just make music for yourself and when you truly enjoy it, so will most of the rest of us.

Good luck mate.

u're the worst critic...

what makes you think he's writing melodies for mass appeal and not his own pleasure? the fact that you don't like them isn't a valid answer.

what makes you think he's writing melodies for mass appeal and not his own pleasure? the fact that you don't like them isn't a valid answer.

because he thinks that Tom wants to sell... so would please the populace! really anything, he confused with David Guetta and Skrillex... :spiteful:

it's been a while since I thought about it... a title has been made available to us for free - when you pre-order, we also have that title instead of another... In this case it does not put in food to people on the web for free... rather put streaming... of anything like marketing...

Archived