IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

I read "furries"

were you thinking this?

The-Warriors.jpg

or this?

original.jpg

both, but more the 2nd

cheers. I wonder if anyones done a halloween costume combining the 2? A baseball furry init.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what to make of this, is rather noisy for sp me thinks. Things like "the modern bass guitar" spring to mind - a very noisy track but still melodically engaging.

I listen to merzbow a lot though, so I'm not disappointed by a bit of noise, I just don't really associate this sound with squarepusher.

sadly thats the first track of him i dont like at all, it sounds more like a max/msp test patch but there are stil 7 tracks left !!

Cover and Concept fits well with titles and give an idea where this might go.

So, we have 3 tracks off this album. The two which were played on BBC; 'The Running Man' and 'Untitled'. Now we got Rayc Fire 2.

'The Running Man' track that I have is 6:02. In the album it's probably Baltang Ort (6:14) or Kwang Bass (6:15).

'Untitled' track that I have is 4:27 and that is probably Stor Eiglass (4:32).

sadly, not for me at all :sad:

i don't dig ufabulum and all this fancy-famous-lazer-ultra-modern pusha

i hope im wrong an album mindblows

So, we have 3 tracks off this album. The two which were played on BBC; 'The Running Man' and 'Untitled'. Now we got Rayc Fire 2.

'The Running Man' track that I have is 6:02. In the album it's probably Baltang Ort (6:14) or Kwang Bass (6:15).

but didnt he said (or radio guy said) that pusher took time and wrote these 2 tracks for radio exclusively?

but didnt he said (or radio guy said) that pusher took time and wrote these 2 tracks for radio exclusively?

Yeah he maybe won't put it on the album. Who knows.

Looking forward to it! Though I'm kind of disturbed by how everything seems almost.. mono.. I've not seen anyone complain about it so I'm not sure if my ears need to be checked or ???

how do you recognize this ?

singles from his prev albums (that i can remember)

hello everything: the modern bass guitar

jas: delta-v

d'demonstrator: megazine

ufabulum: dark steering

IMHO, not the best tracks on those albums by a long shot. hoping for the same thing here, because that Ryac Fire does nothing for me.

Looking forward to it! Though I'm kind of disturbed by how everything seems almost.. mono.. I've not seen anyone complain about it so I'm not sure if my ears need to be checked or ???

Aye flipping heck, was curious so ran the thing through a stereo field meter and was really surprised quite how narrow it is:

PqsaVip.jpg

If his last album was mixed for iPhone earbuds, is this one mixed for iPhone internal speakers ?!

yeh the mono thing is weird. maybe its an artistic choice. sort of like how instead of having multiple separate elements you have the different things all kind of melded together. like the synths and drums are kind of stabbing together and meld into one sound. so its almost like it creates a sense of a minimal thing where theres only one sound happening throughout the track. maybe that was the idea, and having it mono is going along with that? to try to boil everything down to a simple presentation of a tight stabby punchy sound without anything spread out in any dimensions that arent necessary? i dunno

anyway, i like the track

cant wait for the album

Just saw this. Saw Tom in Chicago for Ufabulum! Really enjoyed what was happening live though Ufabulum itself hasn't been in rotation for a while. I can see a lot of elements from Ufabulum leaking through Rayc Fire 2 which is to be expected. There is definitely a simiar vibe but I am curious and will probably pick the release up. Return to this metropolis, TOM!

Alright! New Squarepusher is always an event. It's unfortunate to me that it looks like we're getting more Ufabulum when I was hoping for some amen action, but whatever. I'm excited.

Aye flipping heck, was curious so ran the thing through a stereo field meter and was really surprised quite how narrow it is:

PqsaVip.jpg

If his last album was mixed for iPhone earbuds, is this one mixed for iPhone internal speakers ?!

Thanks for checking, I was too lazy to :)

I'm not really digging the mono thing, I think stereo makes things more expressive by default. I'm digging the track as a whole though!

Aphex has become more stereo minded, and squarepusher has become more mono minded.

I imagine this new liveshow is going to be brutal as fuck and in that setting I might enjoy this as pure spectacle.

On its own merit, this is hot garbage. The mastering gives me a headache and having just listened to "Tundra 4" on vinyl last night makes me hate this even more. Its so full on that it ceases to be intense and comes across as obnoxious. After the BBC tracks I'm especially disappointed.

I do agree with most of you.. I'd dig some Go Plastic vibes but this feels kind of like room temperature.

Still going to drive 5 hours to see him live seeing as this was made for live performances unfortunately.

Tom is furious! I am very excite and curious to hear what the rest of this one is like... Tom is moving direct into a harsh noise realm with Rayc Fire...I kinda like the anti-music vibe, but can't really repeat listen.

But he's coming to LA in april! Do want!

Yeah I guess you're right. That's what I'm hearing anyways.

8 tracks, 43 minutes/ish, for almost $40 (after shipping).

If it all sounds like rayc fire then I'm cancelling my preorder.

Reading this made me realize I was just molested by Bleep.

Archived