IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gave this a first full listen this week after putting it off for ages. Damn, I'm so freaking addicted! Kwang Bass had been a fave for a long while ever since hearing it on the radio but damn the highlights for me now are Baltang Org and Exjag Nives. Perfect Squarepusher IMO, catchy melodies and hooks, a brutal EDM/Industrial sound pallete and all the crazy drum programming that Tom has to offer. The ending of Baltang Org continues to blow my mind every time I put it on, so exhilarating. I agree he hasn't done anything this good since FMWT or Ultravisitor, this is defo a hit and a well timed one has I didn't really like Ufabulam and feared he wandered off on that dubstep-y 8 bit style direction for good. This is a complete album and a masterpiece at that, fucking Daddy is back. :))

Guest bitroast

Kwang Bass.

kwang bass motorcycling through geometry live-only music video full audio-visual experience 10/10 most idm experience 2015 imo.

time for another spin on the turntable. still a really good album IMHO. I prefer the CD tracklisting, but this is a nice variation. D Frozent Aac at least works p good as an opener.

I've had both the cd and vinyl since release, yet to actually listen to the CD tho. I really dig the vinyl tracklisting. Just put it on the table myself.

Maybe one day I'll finally listen to the CD.

I really dig this album, but still need to give it some more listens. I played it a good 6-8 times around when it first came out (came out on 4.20 in the states IRRC) and haven't went back to it until today. I think it's neat the vinyl and cd t-listing is just reversed.

As far as Ufabulum goes, I actually enjoyed that album too. Might be because my first introduction to that material was when I was tripping acid at Movement Detroit in 2013 and saw him headline the second day. So when I hear those tracks I'm reminded of that experience. That was actually my first introduction to Squarepusher, like at all. And I heard that stuff and saw his Wall-O-Screens and that was that. I went home and rifled thru his discography. Of the CDs I have from him I was able to find used at local record shops I'd say Selection Sixteen is my favourite.

Guest bitroast

vinyl tracklist is pretty good but i think i prefer cd.

Stor Eiglass is a nice logical opener ( / Kwang Bass is a wicked track 2 tho).

i think my preference for the cd tracklist comes down more to the 2nd half of the album being stronger. not that tracks 1-4 of the CD are weak but i reckon they work better in building a momentum as opposed to sustaining it ??

from memory i don't remember vinyl mastering being light years ahead of cd .. about same ?

Archived