IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Okay so...

I finally like this. I really wanted to like it when it came out. That first single was a pretty nice track, and the sound of most of the record is pretty unique but it all never clicked for me. Listened to it through a few times at release and again probably like 5 times since...and today I gave it a shot again and it's damned good. I always knew it was old but just couldn't make it work for me. I'm glad that it clicked in today, there's some really interesting stuff throughout the album. Some of the tracks sort of bleed together in their style of execution but it's not a bad thing. There's some lovely bits of almost every track, and lots of good energy at all times.

I'm not sure why it wasn't clicking in for me before, I just chalked it up to me never having been a Squarepusher fan really. But I'll definitely be buying a copy of this next round of music purchase time.

It only took me, what, two years??

I like a couple of tracks on damogen but damnit stor eiglass just sounds plain nasty to me - a naff EDM-style version of 'just like heaven', everytime I try it I literally can't get to the end of the track.

I guess I'm also in the group that basically noped the fuck out with the albums after ultravisitor. I still reckon 'rotted one note' is his best overall album funnily enough.

• 1 year later...

I listened to this yesterday and it reminded me why squarepusher is great, this album is fantastic. Let's hope for new squarepusher in 2019!!!! This is the longest gap in releases we've had from him (unless you count elektrac).

Never could get into this album, tried many times but the bombastic (and overly serious) vibe always turns me off.  Stor eiglass is at least listenable because it sounds he's having fun.. For me, go plastic era just did the harder side of his music so much better than damogen.  Probably because it has the jungle palette to lighten up the vibe at the right times.

But, as always, i look forward to next release and hope he switches things up.

Something in the vein of One Rotted Note would be lush.  Theres so much to explore in that world that he surely wouldnt be re-treading water to revit the space-jazz

yeah, it's funny, I really disliked it on first few listens and put it away for a couple of years or whatever. Coming back to it, I enjoyed it more as an album that a)I didn't try to take so seriously b)realized doesn't really take itself too seriously. . . it's not overthought. Just kinda like []< jamming out. .. dunno *shrugs* 

Def could use some new 'pusher this year, been too long!

Archived