IGNORED

FEB 19 2015 Live Insanity: Ceephax Acid Crew [Video]

digman

lol I came here to post that you beat me :D

damn,. this was in milan, I could have gone there! I'm eager for a ceephax liveset since I saw him in london at rephlex night! :|

Peter sums it up effectively in his post:

"Ceephax Acid Crew is not a robot. He';s not a chiseled male model behind a pair of CDJs playing 15-minute techno tracks. He is actually f***ing up a bit with his drum machine because he's using his hands and fingers to make stuff and they've got blood flowing through them, and they're connected to a brain and that brain is happy to let you know that it's making decisions and some of them probably aren't, strictly speaking, "correct" but that human being is playing for you now and it doesn't know what will happen, either.

I've talked about Ceephax Acid Crew before and I'm sure I'll do it again. But now seems like the time. Because now big manufacturers are remembering that they invented the gear on which acid was invented. (Hello, Roland AIRA.) And now companies make step sequencers again. And now everything doesn't have an iPad dock in it, and everything doesn't boast hardware/software integration, because the revolution will not be a big dongle.

And this revolution matters, because it means you can play live again, and it won't sound like a record, and maybe people will smile when they dance"

Guest bitroast

ooOOOoooOOO shit yes, this is awesome.

is that friend track in the first part, sounding super beefed up and different? awesome show :)

Yep! That's the beefed up Friend Track we talked about when he played in California last October...so good!

Great quality recording......I really hope more of these soundboard recordings surface....his live shows are the best.

• 2 weeks later...

The live version of the tracks are a lot better, not hatting, he just goes overboard with the melodies on the studio edits. He needs restraint, hence why I think his old tracks were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the last stuff he put out.

• 5 weeks later...

On the live vs recorded trax,

I remember hearing a live version of 'Russia' from the Unstoppable Phax Machine, that had additional 303 like an octave higher the synth lead, and it shot the track into another stratosphere of awesome. I might have been one of those Bomb-o-matic videos? Maybe ill have time to look for it later, but maybe someone has heard?

• 1 year later...

Archived