IGNORED

Blur - The Magic Whip

Stock

Guest bitroast

would love to see them do an aus show but absolutely cannot be bothered going to splendour festival in the interest of seeing one band so likely no.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would love to see them do an aus show but absolutely cannot be bothered going to splendour festival in the interest of seeing one band so likely no.

you can also buy a plane ticket to hong hong. tickets still available...

heh. it would be nice, but no thanks.

are you planning on any of the shows?

yeah. this will be my first blur live experience ever. i happen to be in hong kong at the time blur plays, so i bought a ticket. really excited for this. and it's not in a festival setting, which i like. i'm not too keen on the festivals. have you ever seen blur live?

Guest bitroast

yeah. this will be my first blur live experience ever. i happen to be in hong kong at the time blur plays, so i bought a ticket. really excited for this. and it's not in a festival setting, which i like. i'm not too keen on the festivals. have you ever seen blur live?

nooo. i had tickets to see them at big day out (1 day festival) start of 2014 but they cancelled last minute for no real good reason (explanation here http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2014/03/25/damon-albarn-apologises-blur-pulling-out-of-big-day-out/)...

saw damon albarn and heavy seas earlier this year and it was pretty brilliant.

seeing blur in hong kong would be all too incredibly appropriate. enjoy that !!

nooo. i had tickets to see them at big day out (1 day festival) start of 2014 but they cancelled last minute for no real good reason (explanation here http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2014/03/25/damon-albarn-apologises-blur-pulling-out-of-big-day-out/)...

saw damon albarn and heavy seas earlier this year and it was pretty brilliant.

seeing blur in hong kong would be all too incredibly appropriate. enjoy that !!

too bad! but you did get to see damon, which is really nice. :)

yeah, it is. i just listened to the album and almost every track has some reference to hong kong in it.

Gone off Blur the last ten years or so, (as in I never put their music on, whereas I was always playing it). And I'm not interested in any of those side projects with Albarn but I think I might buy this. They definitely can put together a tune. Reviews seem really positive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05rj35q/later-with-jools-holland-series-46-episode-1

If you can stream it, on this show there are 3 tunes played by Blur live. Watching it confirmed to me they are back in a big way. The tunes and performances are just killer. The whole show is worth your time tbh.

Getting this new album for sure, and I never thought I'd be bothered about Blur ever again.

Guest bitroast

oh yers. not hundren percent sure i am going to seek out the 7" because i imagine prices may not be all too agreeable.. but it is nice to hear them jamming and letting loose a bit !!! the coxon + albarn mix is very nice to hear, after all these years.

oh yers. not hundren percent sure i am going to seek out the 7" because i imagine prices may not be all too agreeable.. but it is nice to hear them jamming and letting loose a bit !!! the coxon + albarn mix is very nice to hear, after all these years.

only 5 pounds at hmv in england. you can also just buy the japanese version of the album.

and yeah, this album is really really awesome. happy coxon is back!

did listen to it while taking a walk with the dog in the woods. It was a really nice weather and the music was perfect. This will be a great summer release!

Archived