IGNORED

UA SOLO 610 or Vintech 473

Phlexunger

Two different animals for sure and ideally I would love to have both in my rack but I might have to go with the more affordable one. Anyone ever use either of these ?

Let me explain how I would be using these. I have been planning out this rack that would be able to be used in my 3 locations. Basically I have my apt project studio, a basement rehearsal space and a main mix studio. In the apt I am doing mostly drum machine and quick demo stuff mostly direct in and the occasional vocal or trumpet overdub. The main thing I am looking for is something to warm up the direct out of drum machines like MPC 1000 and MPC 500 my iphone, tablet and things like Gameboys. I once plugged my MPC 500 into a vintech pre amp and was blown away how it cleaned up the sound on the vinyl samples I used. Since that experience I have always thought I should get one. Now due to the other situations I want to use it in like the rehearsal basement for example where I record drums and other acoustic instruments I thought the 473 would be best so I could track 4 tracks at once but the price is really over my budget. Recently I was thinking the UA 610 might be better for my use. I am also planning to have a sansamp PSA 1 in the rack so maybe instead of going whole hog with the 4 input vintech I can track drums with the UA and the Sansamp and or the Sure M67 Mic Mixer that will also be in the rack.

Any thoughts ?

Archived