IGNORED

what have you learned from this deluge of richard's music?

Guest yikes

1- There has always been a constant stream with no regard for releases until later.

2- The dump paints a more human picture of the analord. having fun, being silly, exploring, re-exploring.

2a - Sam's Car, Martin's car and that recent quote about playing acid in cars and beaming it to a nearby one on the FM - all paint a picture of a cool little scene of friends making and trading tracks.

3- put all ideas down in someway.

If the SC dumps have taught me anything it's that not everything the man touches immediately turns into gold. It's actually been a very sobering experience for me (in a good way) in regards to the image I had of Aphex Twin. Some of the tracks are great, a couple of them amazing, but to me a the rest of them are just passable. But what they lack in 'quality' to me, they make up for in the actual joy you can read into pretty much every single track. They're not all worthy off a proper release. They are doodles and they express so much fun, exploration and experimentation. :music:

yup, it's like he released soundcloud tracks to inspire and help young musicians to beleive in themselves. Because after release of Syro, someone could be like "fuck this shit, I'll never top that in my life" and he's like "hey I'm not a north korean leader and I can poop just like you do!"

I was reminded how important it is to share your work, and not get so caught up in formal "releases" or what have you. Just create and not worry about whether or not your unique "voice" will shine in a track, because it inevitably will. It will become more evident as your body of work grows.

It broke me out of this thought cycle of making music, not sharing it with anyone, then listening to it so much just to pick it apart and completely forget why I enjoyed making the song in the first place, and what the original intent was.

Also the whole quantity to achieve quality thing. The sheer quantity of his actual released work is enough to say it brilliantly, but this gesture really drove it home and made it human. it made me feel better about having those "in-between" tracks that aren't bad enough to throw out, but not quite fitting for an album. at the end of the day it's all progress towards the same goal.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rabid

I learned that u-ziq > aphex.

afx fans are by far worse than boc fans

The comments on his soundcloud make me cringe so hard. Especially that cocksucker spamming that quantum physics shit.

u-ziq < aphex

u-ziq copies aphex way too much and this is why he is not as good.

What? lol :facepalm:

µ-Ziq & Aphex Twin are two differents musicians... this is not the comparison preferably worries me but to say that one is better than the other, then that's two worlds, two personalities that are exchanged musically... nobody has copied from the other, you must stop your delusions.

I like em both, but I like Rick more

No need to say stupid things like better. Better for whom? Better in what? Better shmetter.

I've learned that there's lots of cool music on SoundCloud by artists that I would otherwise have not heard.

Also learned the UI's pretty clunky when someone posts a significant number of tracks like AFX has...hopefully he'll find the time to add some more playlists :)

Guest bitroast

Richard teaches me how to make music... good souvenirs in Spain, Barcelona... no comment... :spiteful:

yesss.

i actually feel like a learnt a little something from the sounddump as well. not by any means saying i'm now an excellent musician or anything in that regard.

but more how to approach making my own music and how to shape my loose mindless jams into songs or whatever.

something i had been meaning to get my head around for a while was how to get away from the harrowing rut of being stuck on working on a song for weeks/months and never considering it finished and move more towards being a bit more free and expressive and loose and just jam shit out and record it and make that the song. perfect that process.

i definitely feel like the timing of rdj's soundcloud uploads was kind of beneficial for me in how to tackle that problem a bit better. hearing all the various multitudes of songs from some of my favourite albums and the like and getting an insight into that creative process. :)

Richard teaches me how to make music... good souvenirs in Spain, Barcelona... no comment... :spiteful:

yesss.

i actually feel like a learnt a little something from the sounddump as well. not by any means saying i'm now an excellent musician or anything in that regard.

but more how to approach making my own music and how to shape my loose mindless jams into songs or whatever.

something i had been meaning to get my head around for a while was how to get away from the harrowing rut of being stuck on working on a song for weeks/months and never considering it finished and move more towards being a bit more free and expressive and loose and just jam shit out and record it and make that the song. perfect that process.

i definitely feel like the timing of rdj's soundcloud uploads was kind of beneficial for me in how to tackle that problem a bit better. hearing all the various multitudes of songs from some of my favourite albums and the like and getting an insight into that creative process. :)

The purpose especially when we find the melody and sound, we have a lot of ideas for alternatives and find the music that we like really... It is difficult but it is a very interesting exercise...

Sometimes this is not an alternative or versions of the song, but downright become another track... that's why it is important to stay focused on the job: to have a lot of ideas, we must persevere and be especially inspired... also like what we do, too! :spiteful:

Archived