IGNORED

So, I make music too.

YangYing

I have been thinking of sharing my stuff with this board since I joined basically, but have never really gotten to do so.

So without further ado, some stuff I did back in 2009-2012:

I'll upload some newer stuff if people show interest.

ALL tracks made using fl studio, nothing else

lol he uses fl studio

sounding good yo

yh, I got it as a present from my parents and did some stuff. I have some other DAW's, but I have gotten so used to using FL is kinda hard to leave it.

edit: cheers! :D

edit2:

for the record, my computer crashed completely (had to reformat, lost all files) when I was making leaves odyssey, I never really finished it as a result. And stopped making music for about three years... got back to it recently after Richards sound cloud dump... taking a whole new approach now tho.

pretty nice and melancholic, specially the Odyssey. Maybe it would been "better" if you keeped that main melody with ambient, developed it a bit more, and then after, like, half of the track, crazy breaks come till the end. Or more spaces/melodic variation between breaks, dunno. It sounds somewhat like track is played 2 times if you know what i mean.

btw how you tell it's FL? it has some standart library sounds? and what's funny about FL? i thought that times, before 6th edition, when it had shit "proccesor" or whatever, are long gone. Just stick with what you used to, if you know what you are doing it doesnt matter which DAW youre using.

edit2:

for the record, my computer crashed completely (had to reformat, lost all files) when I was making leaves odyssey, I never really finished it as a result. And stopped making music for about three years... got back to it recently after Richards sound cloud dump... taking a whole new approach now tho.

oh dude i feel sorry for your loss, it's the worst shit ever, when it happens. i lost about hundred or more tracks that way, now i am backupping as a psycho

pretty nice and melancholic, specially the Odyssey. Maybe it would been "better" if you keeped that main melody with ambient, developed it a bit more, and then after, like, half of the track, crazy breaks come till the end. Or more spaces/melodic variation between breaks, dunno. It sounds somewhat like track is played 2 times if you know what i mean.

btw how you tell it's FL? it has some standart library sounds? and what's funny about FL? i thought that times, before 6th edition, when it had shit "proccesor" or whatever, are long gone. Just stick with what you used to, if you know what you are doing it doesnt matter which DAW youre using.

edit2:

oh dude i feel sorry for your loss, it's the worst shit ever, when it happens. i lost about hundred or more tracks that way, now i am backupping as a psycho

thanks for the kind words, yeah - I have had many thoughts about how that track could sound better, but then I lost the file and decided to just let it go.. u know, mainly the drums. I was just getting started! haha

edit: in the op i wrote that all tracks were made using FL, I still stick to it, I have been using it for about 6 years now, is a wonderful DAW.

yeah i also had terrible moments when crashing and shit. i now automatically upload everything to OneDrive :)

cheers

you shouldn't care about how many people "shows interest". if you like it, if you have fun doing it, upload everything... people will show interest eventually :)

*shows interest*

https://soundcloud.com/consult-needler/sunny

unfinished, made in summer 2014.

edit: btw, asking for general advice here, should I make new threads for new tracks or keep em all to this thread?

oh i totally missed that spoiler in first post, oke. FL is nice indeed

edit: btw, asking for general advice here, should I make new threads for new tracks or keep em all to this thread?

i think for "common"/demos/unfinished tracks u can use this thread, but when you do something really cool (in your opinion) or different or like EP that doesnt fit or something, you can make additional thread about it. my two cents

Sunny feels like some game soundtrack, when you are exploring desert or dark night street alleys ).

oh i totally missed that spoiler in first post, oke. FL is nice indeed

i think for "common"/demos/unfinished tracks u can use this thread, but when you do something really cool (in your opinion) or different or like EP that doesnt fit or something, you can make additional thread about it. my two cents

Sunny feels like some game soundtrack, when you are exploring desert or dark night street alleys ).

cheers for the advice.

here is another... much older track (odyssey was made 2012, this one should have been one of my first - 2009), I made it as part of a school thing.. they didn't like it very much.

you shouldn't care about how many people "shows interest". if you like it, if you have fun doing it, upload everything... people will show interest eventually :)

*shows interest*

https://soundcloud.com/consult-needler/sunny

unfinished, made in summer 2014.

lovely

lovely

Yeah man, these are great :)

Nice use of reverb, really like it - feels nice and loose, unconstrained.

thank you so much for the feedback!

here is some newer stuff:

first track I made with FL11, hear loud!

this one I made yesterday night.

again, everything made using fl

I listen through some of your stuff and enjoyed them, especially Leave Odyssey and your remix of Eurodancer (never heard of him/them/it/shim!)

The only feedback I can think of is that (and this is personal preference, since peeps enjoyed this), a few times in a few of your tracks, the dry signal of the reverb can get too quiet, like the mix has plenty of room to have that dry signal, but instead it fades almost completely, and there's nothing but reverb on several sounds, and you can hear all of the metallic verb of digital reverbs, which I tend to EQ out and try to get rid of since it's not my favorite sound, as it tends to clutter up a mix and sound like white noise more than the original signal. It's just a personal annoyance since people do like that. If I didn't make sense just tell me, I'm kinda tired and when I get tired my english gets lazy! :cat:

Archived