IGNORED

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Asunder, Sweet And Other Distress

petina

I like it on the first few listens. Seems pretty similar to their last "album" to me, but I like this one slightly more. Still under their previous releases though.

I really wish Yanqui had different production, now I don't know where to put it in relation to the new two...

It's not kicking my arse as much as I'd hoped but that's my mood rather than the music, the drones will be marvellous on another day.

Listened to this a few nights ago. I enjoyed it, but in all honestly it's probably their weakest record, and that's not a dig by any means. They've set a stupidly high standard with their previous work, so even if they release something great (which they have), chances are it's still not going to be up there with the best stuff.

Anyway, Lambs' Breath is fucking phenomenal.

Got the LP in the mail today, so listening for the first time.

Locked groove instead of A2 run out during Lamb's Breath took me way too long to notice. Thanks Pee'd Emp'ror, lol.

I've listened to this a few more times. It's great! The structure of this album kinda reminds me of Pink Floyd's Echoes.

Also just found out they're playing London in a few months. Very temped to go, even though London gigs end up being a bit of an investment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

it's really great, first gybe album i feel like returning to since skinny fists. everything works, love the thickness if the sound, the drones are proper droney. the first track is probably the best thing theyve done.

Archived