IGNORED

Are You obsessed with anything?

producer snafu

i'm the type of person that if i like something, i love it.
i'm a passionate person when it comes to the things i like.

after looking into my Bipolar (type 2) diagnosis, i did some research and found that having obsessions with things is a symptom.

it makes sense now, i always just felt like i loved things soo much and i wanted other people to share the same passion that i felt through the things i love, but nope, turns out i'm just bipolar.

but i wanted to know if there are things you obsess over.

for me, it's music, musicians, sound design, dnb production, collecting break samples, art, the virgin mary (even though i'm agnostic, i think it might just be because i'm mexican) girls, instagram, reddit pinterest, the aphex forum, hearts, indie cinema, weed, shopping on ebay for things that cost 5 bucks, cute things, clouds, space, nebulas, astronauts, asmr and the list goes on.

these are the things that keep me occupied and not bored, being interested in things is interesting to me, i rarely meet people that get excited like i do about clouds, would be nice, i suppose i could go to some kind of convention.

wuddabout yew?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been fairly obsessed with Pleione orchids recently; been reading all I can about them and going to great lengths to create an environment in my back patio that can perfectly accommodate them. Every time I close my eyes I see them.

pleioneachievepot.jpg

That's a lot of things to obsess over. Like, obsession is something that is on your mind most of the time, and every moment it isn't is because you were awarded a brief distraction or you've trained yourself off of it.

Coffee... I think? I weigh the coffee beans before I grind them. I rarely let anyone make me coffee.

And music... I'm picky as fuck when it comes to music and I'll make edits of tracks if there are parts I don't like.

I get obsessed with stuff for a week at a time and then I cool off on it for a while. I think the last thing was Javascript, there are so many awesome tools out now and I spent like 2 weeks just googling the shit out of it until I started seeing the same things pop up.

Anything that is completely new to me, which means I barely ever get obsessed with anything. For example when I was 13 all I had ever heard was the radio and my dad's records, Queen, Supertramp, Dire Straits, you know, dadrock. So when I discovered Slayer and extreme metal and stuff like that I became completely obsessed, like, what the fuck is this? It happened later with pure noise and IDM and stuff like that. My latest obsession was with a new wave of comedians that's popping out in Barcelona that's unlike anything I had ever seen or read about before

Anything that is completely new to me, which means I barely ever get obsessed with anything. For example when I was 13 all I had ever heard was the radio and my dad's records, Queen, Supertramp, Dire Straits, you know, dadrock. So when I discovered Slayer and extreme metal and stuff like that I became completely obsessed, like, what the fuck is this? It happened later with pure noise and IDM and stuff like that. My latest obsession was with a new wave of comedians that's popping out in Barcelona that's unlike anything I had ever seen or read about before

what kind of comedians ?

what kind of comedians ?

Miguel Noguera, Venga Monjas, Carlo Padial, Canódromo Abandonado... It's hard to describe, really. It's been dubbed "post-humor" by the press (lel)

I'm obsessed with sounds in general, like many of you. Fascinated in how artists are able to create sounds and I love field recording. Even if i don't use the recording after the fact, (which i usually don't) just the act of recording something and monitoring how it sounds and changing the position of your mic is all really enjoyable

"nice thread"

When I listen to music i love to google pictures of the artist (even i saw them 1000th of times) ,watch interviews or read reviews again.

Ya, i did this a lot with bvdub who I can tell is very enveloped in his work. His physical appearance is also funny because I would never expect someone who looks like that to make ambient music.

I get a bit obsessed buying/collecting/researching certain things. At the moment its music equipment/instruments. Books and vinyl are others. I got really onto board games after buying one for Xmas and tho I've only brought two I spend a lot of time looking at/for new ones. I brought a D&D starter set too but realized I'd never be able to get enough people to play with me. That's one obsession narrowly missed, I'm sure if I went down that path my flat would be full of orc figurines or something.

Archived