IGNORED

'Roy de Rats' Music Masterings

Lucas

Dear WATMMMusicans,

The idea has been growing in my head since some time and today I feel ready for materializing it. After several years of studies in sound engineering I started to work in this area since about three years. As a member of this community and being a knob twiddler myself, I've been thinking of how I could both make my knowledge and skills benefit this little corner of music we worship down here and also start with what could be a more personal professional orientation.

That's how I thought about proposing masterings to those of you who wish to release their music. I'm aware that WATMM is full of music makers coming from different horizons, having different means and skills and I also notice that the definition of mastering itself doesn't seem to be always clear in people's mind ; for those reasons, I'm sensitive to the idea of adapting my work to each scenario : the main object of this offer is to do masterings but I'm also opened to alternatives, for example working with stem tracks instead of a stereo master / or say tweak some stuff on the mix in order to take a better benefit from mastering (this could also be the occasion for you to learn stuff about mixing if you want it) / etc...

Here's how I picture the deal : first, I can work on a free one-track taster - of course I can't go as far as I would if I worked in the whole context of an album or EP, but that should give you an idea of what you can expect. Regarding money, I'd like to try that out as “name your price” and see what it brings. Of course you can check “official” prices online and I'll always inform how much work hours have been spent but it seems fair to me to let you decide how much you want / can pay – then I'll see if it's suited and enough for me in a longer run.

In order for you to know how my sound engineer activity looks like, here is a link to the page of the studio I'm working for : Roy de Rats Recording Studio. A year after our studies, two friends and I moved to Germany with the project of founding this together. We started with minimal means but after two years and a half we have two nice rooms at our disposal and we accumulated some cool equipment. Anyway you can check the page if you're interested.

I hope my offer will interest some of you!

Antape / Lucas @ Roy de Rats

Any time schedule on this offer ? Guy's not ready yet... :)

just take your time, I'm here and don't plan to move away ;-)

This sounds pretty interesting! You definitely are someone trustworthy for this, more than the engineers I vaguely know in this town. :beer:

thanks! well it's actually hard to estimate my mastering skills by listening to my personal tracks because I don't mix them as much as I would if I'd release them. I also think one shouldn't master his own tracks (at this point of the work fresh ears are a great value). I don't properly master mine when I post them on soundcloud. but thanks for the compliment :-)

anyway, I have to start this and build some showcase before my offer looks more professional. so thanks guys for upping the thread, that's some great french solidarity! :wink:

I might have to test this offer with a track, my mixes tend to turn out good, but I'm never 100% happy with the bass & achieved loudness after multiband compression / limiting. I like to have the dynamics intact, wavefile not looking like a big block of turd in soundcloud, think I need to push the threshold harder though, compared to the modern style. Would be interesting to hear someone else's ears on it.

hi Jonas,

you can contact me at antape.music@gmail.com if / when you have a precise idea what you'd like to do. I'm so good at promotion stuff that I forgot to write a mail at the end of the big text I wrote for the OP. PM is also fine.

If you're unsure about something in a mix you made I can also see if I have ideas for you first.

Awesomeness, Antape.

Thanksness Limpy

• 1 month later...

Bump!

still need to do a couple of firsts mastering jobs, especially for showcasing. hard to make some promo when you don't have anything to show. If money is an issue you can get in touch anyway, maybe we can manage something.

email : antape.music (at) gmail.com

Hey Antape! I'm currently working on a 4-track EP that I'll be trying to finish for this summer. I'd be more than glad to send it to you for mastering if you're interested/have the time.

Hey Antape! I'm currently working on a 4-track EP that I'll be trying to finish for this summer. I'd be more than glad to send it to you for mastering if you're interested/have the time.

hey Perezvon, glad to read that. Of course, just send me an e-mail when you're ready

good luck ;)

• 6 months later...

Wanted to bump this thread since ages but was too busy with other stuff.

So I'm still willing to do masterings for WATMM. My offer stays the same as in the first post: "preview" mastering of one track and if you're happy with it we do more and at the end you pay me accordingly to your satisfaction/means.

So far I worked with two watmmers and I'm very happy how it turned out. One of the projects is finished and were posted here some time ago:

Perezvon - Orange EP

Bandcamp - WATMM

Still need more material to show before to make a dedicated page for more fancy advertising. So my body is ready to receive your tons of good music watmm (please)

cheers,

Lucas

Archived