IGNORED

Four Tet - Morning/Evening

manmower

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the heads-up. Playing now.

I can't say I punch the air and howl at the moon when I think of Four Tet, but his stuff is always worth checking out. This seems rather wonderful, I have a soft spot for Indian vocals/music anyway and I was pleasantly surprised when they suddenly drifting out the speakers.

Rather cool. I can't imagine not liking the evening side he's on the same form. We shall see...

Yeah I'm with Friendly Stranger in liking the Evening side more right now, think it'll prove to be the more popular side too, the vox on Morning are very cool but not for everyone I bet. By the way, no idea what the singer is saying there (the sample sources will be widely known soon no doubt), but she really adds a bittersweet touch to the first track.

Final note, those who already don't like the extent to which he sometimes takes sampling, lifting entire sections from other tracks, are not going to like this release at all. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great release, and although they both are good I have a soft spot for Evening Side for now as a favourite. It has a little bit of everything and is almost and album in itself, condensed of everything from ambient, experimental and house music, and it works perfectly! I think Morning Side could be a bit much on repeated listens, but we'll see.

The long tracks are intimidating. I haven't checked this out yet. It's dumb too because I have no problem sitting through an entire album consisting of shorter songs, but type of album format is always a bit daunting. Also I'm more a fan of his earlier work, even though I enjoyed Beautiful Rewind more than There Is Love in You.

Yeah I'm with Friendly Stranger in liking the Evening side more right now, think it'll prove to be the more popular side too, the vox on Morning are very cool but not for everyone I bet. By the way, no idea what the singer is saying there (the sample sources will be widely known soon no doubt), but she really adds a bittersweet touch to the first track.

Final note, those who already don't like the extent to which he sometimes takes sampling, lifting entire sections from other tracks, are not going to like this release at all. :smile:

This is the lady in question (not sure what track though):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klv8icyguVA

this is the track:

https://youtu.be/zkJhQyxTd80

(that's not the signer in the video, it's lip-synced)

Just played Morning, sat in the garden in the sunshine. It's such a perfect tune for me, and I'm more than happy to give it a 10/10. I just love every single second of it.

Thanks Mr Hebden :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cult fiction

Given it two listens so far, pretty lush although my mind tends to drift a lot while listening

I also hope he releases that 'Back 2 The Start' Cheryl Cole track someday. I don't really expect it to be on this album but hey you never know.

He's just released it on Soundcloud. :dadjoke:

• 3 weeks later...

Went to see him dj at Pukkelpop yesterday, surprisingly dancey set and from the matching visuals it looked mostly planned. It really suited the festival environment though and everyone was loving it.

Opened with an unknown Indian vocal intro in the style of Morning/Evening and then a seemingly endless version of the unreleased Percussions 'Digital Arpeggios'. That remix of Eric Prydz' Opus that he's been hinting at was in there as well and it's quite a monster. Pyramid rework and a more beat-heavy version of Morning towards the end. Great show really, I could have handled a lot more than 90 minutes of this.

Archived