IGNORED

Generated melody stuff...

zleep

I like that. Obligatory thought goes to Oversteps. Funny because I've been thinking about Oversteps a lot lately, how I didn't care about this album that much etc... I listened to it again a couple of days ago and thought I'll listen to it more shortly.

Seeing your soundcloud, it seems that you make a lot with Max/MSP. Do you also synthesize stuff with it? I'd love to get into generative stuff at some point but I'm not sure I want to use Max for that, maybe I'll try with my Reaktor license instead.

I like that. Obligatory thought goes to Oversteps. Funny because I've been thinking about Oversteps a lot lately, how I didn't care about this album that much etc... I listened to it again a couple of days ago and thought I'll listen to it more shortly.

Seeing your soundcloud, it seems that you make a lot with Max/MSP. Do you also synthesize stuff with it? I'd love to get into generative stuff at some point but I'm not sure I want to use Max for that, maybe I'll try with my Reaktor license instead.

Same here, Oversteps seems to grow on me a lot these days and this track and the idea to make a patch that generates organic melody and rhythm is definitely influenced by the album, it is one of my favorite ae.

I have been messing around with max for quite a while but currently most of the stuff is about sequencing, I tried some synthesis stuff (wavetable, FFT, additive and granular) but just haven't met something that I am particularly interested yet, I use max to process sample though. For normal subtractive synth, FM, etc I just use plugin or hardware :rhubear2: I am lazy....

I have never used reaktor myself but it looks like Max is a lower-level programming language than Reaktor, so if you want to go deeper, then max may be a better choice.

Same here, Oversteps seems to grow on me a lot these days and this track and the idea to make a patch that generates organic melody and rhythm is definitely influenced by the album, it is one of my favorite ae.

I have been messing around with max for quite a while but currently most of the stuff is about sequencing, I tried some synthesis stuff (wavetable, FFT, additive and granular) but just haven't met something that I am particularly interested yet, I use max to process sample though. For normal subtractive synth, FM, etc I just use plugin or hardware :rhubear2: I am lazy....

I have never used reaktor myself but it looks like Max is a lower-level programming language than Reaktor, so if you want to go deeper, then max may be a better choice.

Yeah Reaktor works a lot more with ready-to-use objects. I use it rather punctually when I'm after something very specific yet simple enough that I can program it. For my use it's nice that it's a bit more user-friendly than Max. Someone shared his opinion here on WATMM that Max is better for sequencing and Reaktor for synthesizing stuff and from my small experience with the both softwares I think it's true. I didn't do anything with Max in the past 4 years or so but at this time it was not possible for me to integrate it well in my windows Reaper-rewire-Renoise setup. Reaktor is very flexible because you can load it as a vst and still program through the host DAW.

I might do stuff with Max again one day anyway

Archived