IGNORED

Hey Kid!

Brisbot

Great percussion, works very well being repetitive like that (made me think of boc somehow). How did you make it? I'm not sure about the wind instruments but maybe that's a first listen thing. *plays track a second time* intro is great by the way. now what is it with those calves, any backstory you like to share?

Cool percussion and I like how dry the string samples are (you resisted putting a ton of reverb over them). Cute track, especially with the picture. I'd like to think your musical project is themed specifically around Goat kids considering this pic and your avatar.

Guest 2080one

Hey Kid - i think i liked this one on SC. love all the syncopated polyrhymic clicks and pops that transpire into a dodecagonal drumbeat. superlative choice of instruments in this track. one of my faves.

Great percussion, works very well being repetitive like that (made me think of boc somehow). How did you make it? I'm not sure about the wind instruments but maybe that's a first listen thing. *plays track a second time* intro is great by the way. now what is it with those calves, any backstory you like to share?

The boc thing is most definitely from the detuned pad. I think of boc everytime I hear a detuned pad tha'ts also doing the vibratto thing at an uneven beat. The beat was made from side chaining little clicks I made in a rhythm to some granulated drums, which I remember automating in this case, I basically messed around with it and got a few good samples, the ones in the track are only like 2 of them :)

There is no backstory with the calves! they're just too cute with their little jumps! teehee! :emb:

Cool percussion and I like how dry the string samples are (you resisted putting a ton of reverb over them). Cute track, especially with the picture. I'd like to think your musical project is themed specifically around Goat kids considering this pic and your avatar.

Oh yeah, I like the imagery attached to the music, well some of it! New to the world and generally having fun :) You know, before the anti-depressants...

Hey Kid - i think i liked this one on SC. love all the syncopated polyrhymic clicks and pops that transpire into a dodecagonal drumbeat. superlative choice of instruments in this track. one of my faves.

I have no clue what you mean by dodecagonal drumbeats but I'll pretend I do :cat: So yeah, definitely dodecagonal!

I hear more of Aphex from his Richard D. James Album than BoC. Nice head-fuckery, just enough of it really, and beautiful melodies. I have to say that today Your Latest Creations really surprised me, haven't heard a bad tune. Looks like Aphex among us again DOES wonders :P

I hear more of Aphex from his Richard D. James Album than BoC. Nice head-fuckery, just enough of it really, and beautiful melodies. I have to say that today Your Latest Creations really surprised me, haven't heard a bad tune. Looks like Aphex among us again DOES wonders :P

Oh yes, he's definitely casting a biiig shadow on my stuff. I purposely don't listen to him while I'm really into making my tunes since I don't want to accidentally copy him. That said, I reallly like the atmosphere he captured on ICBYD, which I feel like I took direct inspiration from for this track. I get what you mean by that last sentence, but this track isn't particular Syro inspired (though my latest few I have yet to show are...) He definitely casts heavvvy shadows on most of the music I hear on YLC.

To be honest, what I get from aphex is mainly to treat melody and rhythm very importantly, and give it an abstract context. I think you'd agree with your own music! Production and the nature of the electronic music is secondary.

Also recently got around to checking out (some) of your full length. Really thought Sexy Anima was sexy. I'm definitely going to get around to listening to the rest sooner or later... sooner.

These percussions are wicked man. Great track, I feel like jumping around a field like a baby goat with feelings for someone.

My grandparents own a few baby goats, and they're cute as FUCK.

Archived