IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest - The Movie

ryetronics

Haven't watched it all yet, but I made it as far as Telepath before having to run a few errands. Never before have I seen visuals compliment music so well. Hats off to everyone who contributed to this project, it's absolutely fucking killer. Can't wait to watch the rest later!

And while we're on the subject of fanmade TH vids, I've always been a fan of this one...

http://youtu.be/Ox3ueAsxajw

So good..incredible consistency all the way thru. Seeing those mushroom clouds accompanied by Palace Posy is a trip.

Five stars.

I was a lot more excited about the contents of this thread before I knew it was a collection of fan-made videos. I will watch this when the disappointment fades and I'm sure I'll love it.

I was a lot more excited about the contents of this thread before I knew it was a collection of fan-made videos. I will watch this when the disappointment fades and I'm sure I'll love it.

Why would the fact it's fan-made lessen your excitement? I'm sure BOC if they did such a thing would probably closely resemble this collection, and the fact they posted it to their FarceBook page is a bit of an endorsement...

They very rarely communicate through FB so to see them have something posted is a pretty solid endorsement. You're only missing out by not watching the video, it's extremely well done for being fan made and fits very well with the TH themes, which I'm sure is what piqued BoCs enthusiasm for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Why would the fact it's fan-made lessen your excitement? I'm sure BOC if they did such a thing would probably closely resemble this collection, and the fact they posted it to their FarceBook page is a bit of an endorsement...

well for me it's because fanmade stuff tends to be too contrived. when I hear their music I see all sorts of stuff in my mind, not one of which is an old grainy documentary or old cartoons with amateur video effects which seems to be literally every fanmade boc video. If someone was willing to step out of that box we might have more interesting videos. I'm willing to bet neither one of them actually use facebook and this was reposted by whoever manages their site. From a PR standpoint, it's much easier to crowd please than to try something new.

David, you're doing the compilation a bit of disservice. There's a lot more variation in there. Currently watching a blade runner themed video around the 25 mins mark. You don't have to like it, but generalising every fanmade BOC video into grainy cartoons is just short sighted.

Archived