IGNORED

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly

jhonny

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is streaming on Spotify and available on iTunes now.

Edit: I had to search the album title on Spotify, for some reason reason it wouldn't show up on the artist page.

yep streaming it now.

first impressions

Tracks 1 - 2: Need some time. Like his other LPs he starts albums strangely but that's part of why they're so great

Tracks 3 - 4: :emotawesomepm9::w00t::music::music::wang:

How Much A Dollar Cost is my favorite on first listen.

I'm surprised but Kendrick is now one of those virtuoso weirdo rappers like Andre 3000, Mos Def. The rap game was too easy for them so they get so adventurous they end up leaving a lot of rap listeners behind, I imagine. Somebody knows what I mean.

Damn, this is a powerful album... I really don't know how to feel about all of it after first listen. The instrumentals are great through and through jazzy, and layered. Kendrick clearly has a lot to say, it's just a lot to absorb. Also, it makes me feel a bit odd as I listen as a white male because the album is so focused on issues in American society from an African American perspective, that although I may understand, I know I can't completely relate to. I'm sure it's not Kendrick's intention to isolate listeners though and he's just calling to attention the issues, that many people are afraid to speak about and for that I commend it. It's definitely gonna take repeated listens to fully take it all in.

Archived