IGNORED

Hudson Mohawke - Lantern

jhonny

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah I really hope those two tracks are on it. excited by his comments about the whole thing really - he's kept it under wraps for a long time and obviously has been working on it for years.

oh and you can hear a bit of Scud Books here:

and a radio rip here:

Guest vibertisgod

Generally anything HudMo touches turns to gold so I'm patiently waiting on this one and expecting a lot

Got tired of Butter pretty fast, and never gave his latter stuff that much attention. Hope he'll renew himself a bit and won't release an album full of shitty trap hip hop music.

(that being said, I liked the Chimes track !)

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like a bad mock-up of the old Hudson Mohawke's sound. 6 years have gone since Butter, would be a shame if the new LP sounded like the first...

This is kind of forgettable, and it's puzzling to me how generic Hudson Mohawke's music has become. I used to depend on HudMo for new sensations and electronic experiences, like going on a kinetic musical adventure. This is chart music

dont mean to be a dick at all with this comment i am extremely impressed that Butter was put out before he reached puberty. I know we all used to kinda poke fun at how young he looked and stuff, but now it makes sense
edit: im one of the people here who thought butter was mostly awesome

CA4xuaiWgAMA-wT.jpg

Guest vibertisgod

Oh god HudMo, what have you become. Very Forst Breath is bile horrendous.

Had to listen to Thunder Bay loud to get the bad taste out my mouth

I loved butter, at least mostly. I was reaaaaaaaaaallly hoping that chimes was spring cleaning seeing how 2 of those songs had been previously heard or whatever, and that he'd go do something more experimental again. Don't get me wrong I love some of his collabs with like drake and kanye and TNGHT was nasty but I know he is capable of something.... more. TBH I think the single is OK, not bad not amazing, but I think I will be dissappointed if the whole album is like this. Either way I've seen him post pics of him and OPN hanging together and they did that boiler room together I'm mostly holding my breath for a collab album between those two, cause that could get nasty.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived