IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Comissions II

Rubin Farr

Nowadays I seem to get a dozen Bleep emails a day, telling me something or other about dozens of random releases from all kinds of people.

I've lost count of the Bleep updates I've had about the new Squarepusher album. I got another one a few hours ago, telling me it's available worldwide. That's great mate. But never guess what? I'm not bothered mate. What I am bothered about is I'm not getting an email about this release.

So I'm packing my rucksack and going to see The Sheriff of Marsh Gibbon. He knows gonna know all about it!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oneohtrix and Actress have been slowly creeping up the past 5 years to become two of my absolute favorites. Not in love with the Bullet Hell stuff on this but Magnetic Rose is gorgeous and I love that both of these cats seem to constantly morph their sound over time ala Autechre. Survival of the fittest.

In before someone starts wearing vinyl as badges

Also, question: both of the musics on the vinyl are from copyrighted sources. Any chances this will fudge the possibility of digital release?

Also, question: both of the musics on the vinyl are from copyrighted sources. Any chances this will fudge the possibility of digital release?

Copyright noob here; where did you read about this? Discogs has Warp as copyright, phonographic copyright, and publisher. I do feel really bad for all the digitalbros..

I think "Bullet Hell Abstraction III" is my favorite; dat Wilhelm scream. Also love the Zoolook-esque "good"s on "Magnetic Rose". Would kill for abstractions II and IV, even bootlegs would do. Would also love a rerelease of Magnetic Rose with 0PNs score.

WHAT?! so the vinyl now comes with a digital download, but those of us who made the effort to go pick the vinyl up on RSD have to dish out more money just to get this on an ipod...that's stupid

that's what the funkysouls forum is made for ;-)

WHAT?! so the vinyl now comes with a digital download, but those of us who made the effort to go pick the vinyl up on RSD have to dish out more money just to get this on an ipod...that's stupid

That is stupid and taking the piss. And now you've learnt your lesson, never go to RSD ever again. Its for suckers mate and it's a shame.

I'd actually get on the batphone and let Bleep know about it. I'm the most unfussy person going, but that would get my goat.

Good EP. Still think C1 is better overall but Magnetic Rose is fantastic. Love all those choral sections. Sounds like the space music genre that emanated out of California in the late 1980s. OPN is great at capturing a certain nostalgia.

this guy keeps getting better and better, and i love how in these tracks, although they're completely different and far more advanced imo, you can still hear a lot of the aspects of what he was making pre returnal, like little throwbacks and flashes of nostalgia

not since I first heard boc has music taken me so off guard and captivated me so much as this, an utterly insane experience - listening trough this

edit: opn is top, like for reals - this beats almost all of the featured artists' latest output imo

Archived