IGNORED

Absolutely Atrocious Music That You Somehow Enjoy

Hail Sagan

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I can't not like that song, especially with that video in tow.

Definitely my own music.

Agreed. I'm sometimes surprised at how much I enjoy listening to stuff I've made. Even though its unbelievably bad and if it was made by someone else I probably wouldn't last half the song.

Powerful Post. Synapses set ablaze in neural connections I'm amazed still even exist. You've taken the lead.

tumblr_n0bls0uMpe1sjt43to1_250.gif

Jam of the Week™

LYsxVkD.gif

I'm listening to A$AP Ferg's Trap Lord because Justin Broadrick repped it, and I gotta say... not bad. I'd written off A$AP Mob as wastemanz, and while their subject matter does leave much to be desired, the the production is tight (points for dat sub) and the flow is decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12tDb2KKHO4

does have a party-at-the-end-of-the-world kinda vibe to it which I dig.

I'm listening to A$AP Ferg's Trap Lord because Justin Broadrick repped it, and I gotta say... not bad. I'd written off A$AP Mob as wastemanz, and while their subject matter does leave much to be desired, the the production is tight (points for dat sub) and the flow is decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12tDb2KKHO4

does have a party-at-the-end-of-the-world kinda vibe to it which I dig.

danny-brown3.gif

The Wesley Willis comparison is actually pretty on point. Kool Keith has certainly earned a reputation among backpackers back in the day as some sort of legendary MC but if you strip back all the pseudonyms and gimmicks and whatever else you'll see that he was pretty mediocre from the jump. He was probably at his peak with Ultramagnetic MCs and just never really raised his game. The fact that he talks about how he wrote the doctor octagon album in 24 hours or whatever kind of puts shit into perspective. He's lazy as hell, and you can hear it in his writing + tendency to not even stay on beat. Also, I've seen him live and he was pretty uninspired and wack even by the hype man finishing every other verse off for you standard that seems to dominate a lot of live hip hop shows.

Fun to listen to at times, and I really enjoy some of the beats on those albums, but all in all he's just incredibly overrated and not very good at all.

Yeah, sorry dude. Just can't agree with ya at all. Kool Keith is the fuckin man. Lyrically, rhythmically, and stylistically!

Although I have seen live clips of him and they do look pretty boring. But that'strue of a lot of hip-hop, sadly. I saw Slick Rick a few months ago, one of my all time top MC's, and was VERY underwhelmed. I think some rappers are just best in studio.

To each his own I guess.

and stylistically!

I'll give you that. He definitely did things his own way and it was his character that had drawn me to his music in the first place.

Actually not the first time I've read a Wesley Wills Kool Keith comparison before. I don't really agree though. I mean shit, If anyone sounds and/or acts like Kool Kieth (at times) it's Tracy Morgan.

Archived